ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement dates

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

helphelp84
Newly Registered

Bank statement dates

Post by helphelp84 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi,

I'm going to apply for my ILR - Set(O) end of March.

Quick question, call me paranoid but I thought I checked.

As you all know that I'm required to proof my salary and tick accordingly the points I'm claiming for; therefore showing my 12 months payslip and bank statements to prove that I'm getting paid that amount for the past 12 months.

I know in the form, it states that "You can claim points for previous earnings for any single, consecutive 12 month period from the 15 months immediately before this application". Therefore I'm going to submit my earnings from March 2014 to Feb 2015.
My bank statements will be the same. From March 2014 to Feb 2015.

Most of the documents have to be dated 28 days prior before the application itself.
Would it be OK if my bank statements is only covering till end of Feb which is more than 28 days from my application date?
Or I have to print all my bank statement up to end of March?

Please advise.

Thanks.

blinguk

Re: Bank statement dates

Post by blinguk » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:17 am

last bank statement should be issued within 28 days.

anyone else can correct If I am wrong

helphelp84
Newly Registered

Post by helphelp84 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:25 am

Thanks for the reply.

I originally booked an appointment for the 30th March.
However, because my statement is issued on the 27th Feb, I might change the appointment date to 26th March now because of that 28 days rule so that my statements is within 28 days from the appointment date (27 days to be exact).

However, what about payslips? I had a look at the guidance notes again, it states "Payslip: This must be the most recent payslip. It must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application. It should either be an original payslip or on company-headed paper. If the payslip is not on headed paper or is a printout of an online payslip, you must provide a letter from your sponsor, confirming the payslip is authentic. The letter from the sponsor must be on company headed paper, and must be signed by a senior official."

That contradicts what the Set(O) form says, "You can claim points for previous earnings for any single, consecutive 12 month period from the 15 months immediately before this application."

Please advise?

I got all the relevant documents and requirements to apply.
Only thing I am trying to avoid is to get rejected because of something silly like, because the date of my payslip is too early or my bank statement issue date. Because in the past I've been rejected for a visa just because my statement is out by 3 days. I had learnt through a hard lesson. :-(

Much appreciated.

helphelp84
Newly Registered

Post by helphelp84 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:17 am

Thinking about it, I think I will just wait for my March pay slip to be issued an go to the bank the same day to print out my statement end of Feb to end of March.

I assume it's OK for statements to be the actual bank copied which I get from the post, and the last one to be printed and stamped by the bank because I could not get it in time before my application appointment?

ubuntu fan
Newly Registered

Post by ubuntu fan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:55 pm

blinguk wrote:last bank statement should be issued within 28 days.

anyone else can correct If I am wrong
That might not be correct.
If one is planning to show the first 12 months in a 15 month period s/he would not have a bank statement for the last salary slip dated within last 28 days.

AFAIK, the 28 days requirements is very much enforced for proof of maintenance.

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:51 pm

i agree with ubuntu fan here. i am planning to show first 5 month of salary( feb 2014 - june 2014). My appt. is on 21st march ,2015. i will just print out the online bank statements . i am with barclays. they can't be less than 28 days older. Proof of maintenance funds should be within 28 days. ( which you dont need to show). so dont worry about this . take it easy.. i haven't even started filling the form

helphelp84
Newly Registered

Post by helphelp84 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:15 pm

I am normally alright with my previous applications.
But it's just the last one... just want to get it right.
Especially with all sort of immigration changes happening at the moment. :-(

How did it go? Hope your appointment on the 21st March 2015 went alright?

p/s: I like the username. :-)

helphelp84
Newly Registered

Post by helphelp84 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:52 pm

I am going to submit my original printed bank statements and for March, it will be a printed one from the Internet (stamped by the bank). Is it OK to mix the two way how the bank statements are generated isn't it?

Of course as long as the figures are correct throughout the dates.

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:59 am

i got my ILr on 21st

just print bank statements .. which bank you are with? i had to provide barclays and natwest statements as i switched accounts during that period. no need to sign stamp .. banks dont do it anyways.
in my case, my pay slips would have been 15 months older if i provided them. i think that one month duration is for showing maintenance fund only. i provided a letter from employer , showing net and gross salary for each month

let me know if you still have confusions .

and good luck :)
P.s thanks