ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement -ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

121669gvk
Newly Registered

Bank Statement -ILR

Post by 121669gvk » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:39 pm

I'm in due applying my ILR on 2 Jan as PEO appointment.. with regards Latest Bank statement, my Bank will usually get delayed and i may possible not able to attach Dec 2014 to my application.

Can someone give a guideline to handle this sceanrio.?

Is it fine to attach Nov 2014 as latest Bank Statement ? or i need to move my PEO appointment date to later dates after 2 Jan?

Many Thanks.

Casa

Re: Bank Statement -ILR

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Your most recent bank statement shouldn't be more than 28 days old.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ILR2015
BANNED

Post by ILR2015 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:07 pm

Does this apply to Tier1 General as well?

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:37 am

ILR2015 wrote:Does this apply to Tier1 General as well?
Yes. It shouldn't be more than 28 days old.

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:07 am

Hi,

I don't think so there is any rule like that.
if yes, can you please share the link on UKBA home office website, stating that bank statement cant be 28 days old.

may statement ends on 3 dec and I receive my statements delivered to my home address between 8th to 10th every month
and I am planning to go for my ILR visa on 5th jan, so what is wrong with that bcoz my statements wont be available till 9 jan and that why I am not using my dec salary, nov salary will be my last for that reason...

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:31 pm

SKJMR wrote:Hi,

if yes, can you please share the link on UKBA home office website, stating that bank statement cant be 28 days old.

may statement ends on 3 dec and I receive my statements delivered to my home address between 8th to 10th every month
and I am planning to go for my ILR visa on 5th jan, so what is wrong with that bcoz my statements wont be available till 9 jan and that why I am not using my dec salary, nov salary will be my last for that reason...
You may doubt that I have given you the correct advice. This is from the UKVI Immigration Rules - work related categories;
134SD - Specified documents
The specified documents referred to in paragraph 134(v) are A, B and C below:
A. Either a payslip and a personal bank or building society statement, or a payslip and a
building society pass book.
(a) Payslips must be:
(i) the applicant's most recent payslip,
(ii) dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application, and
(iii) either:
(1) an original payslip,
(2) on company-headed paper, or
(3) accompanied by a letter from the applicant's Sponsor, on company headed
paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslip is authentic

and bank statements:
(b) Personal bank or building society statements must:
(i) be the applicant's most recent statement,
(ii) be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application,
(iii) clearly show:
(1) the applicant's name,
(2) the applicant's account number,
(3) the date of the statement,
(4) the financial institution's name,
(5) the financial institution's logo, and
(6) transactions by the Sponsor covering the period no earlier than one
calendar month before the date of the application, including the amount
shown on the specified payslip as at 134-SD A (a),
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:42 pm

SKJMR wrote:Hi,

If you need more details, just read set (O) guidance first in the below link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

If your bank statement gets delay, need to ask your bank to get statement print out with stamp & signature on it.

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Thank you very much for the reply

Very helpful and kind of you to respond quickly

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:36 pm

If you look at the ILR guidance notes in Tier 6A, more clarity and details are there,

The set(o) guidance is more outlined towards Tier 2 where the keywords "sponsor/ sponsorship" is used.

for points you need salary and bank statements for the period of salary claimed,for 12 months within the 15 month period.

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:46 pm

I am using dec13 to nov 14
12 months pay slip
But my visa expires on 1 feb
As we can apply 28 days before
I am planning to apply for visa in jan 2
5 at peo Sheffield

That why I am not using dec salary slip as we can
Use 12 consecutive payslips from last 15 months

And my bank statements can be 28 days old only
Don't know what to do

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:01 pm

A recent bank statement can be gained by:
Simply go to relevant bank branch and ask for statement of entries/transactions on bank letterhead. Usually a branch staff can print the statement of entries/transactions up to 28 days older without mentioning address on it but on asking a letter of balance certificate which usually represents address on it can serve the purpose and the same can be attached on the top of it. (If the staff do not cooperate then try it in another branch).
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Most of the banks provide chance to print out your desired dates bank statement online. Colour copy is exactly same as you received in post.
Why not try that option?

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:20 am

But generally, HSBC won't stamp and sign the printed statement. Even though it should be fine ?

Regards,
Suresh

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:31 am

haiksuresh wrote:But generally, HSBC won't stamp and sign the printed statement. Even though it should be fine ?

Regards,
Suresh

I have HSBC bank Account as well the best thing is call them and change the delivery date of Bank statement.
and very next day you will be able to color print online the same Bank Statement without wait come in post.

e.g you are going to PEO this month 25th Nov phone them and say you want your bank statement delivery date set as 20th of every month
on 21st go online there is link e-document click on it and color print it. it comes exactly same.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi Malik,
R u sure, We can submit printed online statements ?. Because one of my friend applied dependent visa from India and submitted last month statement like you said. And then the dependent visa got rejected and reason explained that. Bank statement should be original no photocopy should be taken. But it happened around 3.5 years back.

Do you know any one done like you said ?

Regards,
Suresh

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:27 pm

you took my suggestion in other way
Go to HSBC online click on ''Previous Statements'' button
chose any statement it will ask ''Download PDF''
click on it and print in Colour copy and match with your previous statments and let me know the differences ?

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi Malik,

i have just tried what you said, as i have got HSBC account
and what you said is 100 percent right
pdf printed in color copy is exactly same as the one which comes by post
is it valid then to use it....

i mean did any one use it...

bcoz using some software people can stil edit the information and also the paper quality..may be different from one bank uses and it might not match the statements which we got from hsbc by post...

it is just that last statement we are having problem with dates

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:58 am

SKJMR wrote:Hi Malik,

i have just tried what you said, as i have got HSBC account
and what you said is 100 percent right
pdf printed in color copy is exactly same as the one which comes by post
is it valid then to use it....

i mean did any one use it...

bcoz using some software people can stil edit the information and also the paper quality..may be different from one bank uses and it might not match the statements which we got from hsbc by post...

As long as you used this statement as it is without doing any thing wrong with the statement using different software shouldn't be a problem if UKBA have any problem they can verify the details from Bank.

it is just that last statement we are having problem with dates
I give you one more suggestion in previous message i-e if are going to PEO this month 25th Nov phone them and say you want your bank statement delivery date set as 20th of every month.
normally HSBC bank statements delivered in maximum 5 to 7 days by post. you can set 10 days before date when you are planning to attend the PEO.you will get your statement before PEO date definitely.