ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement stamped but not signed by the bank

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mandhan

Bank statement stamped but not signed by the bank

Post by mandhan » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi,

My latest month's bank statement still be in post when I go for the ILR next month. I went to my bank today to confirm whether they will print, stamp AND SIGN the up to date statement for the past 30 days. However I was told that they can only give me the print out on an A4 size paper with offcial stamp on each page. They can NOT put any signature on it.

So my question is whether such a statement with only stamp and no signature be acceptable for the ILR in-person application?
I have got all 5 years P60 and last 12 months pay slips starting from the latest month. I am currently on Tier 1 visa.

I tried to search the forum but only got mixed responses. Please reply and share the experience.

Regards.

chinagef

Re: Bank statement stamped but not signed by the bank

Post by chinagef » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:14 pm

mandhan wrote:Hi,

My latest month's bank statement still be in post when I go for the ILR next month. I went to my bank today to confirm whether they will print, stamp AND SIGN the up to date statement for the past 30 days. However I was told that they can only give me the print out on an A4 size paper with offcial stamp on each page. They can NOT put any signature on it.

So my question is whether such a statement with only stamp and no signature be acceptable for the ILR in-person application?
I have got all 5 years P60 and last 12 months pay slips starting from the latest month. I am currently on Tier 1 visa.

I tried to search the forum but only got mixed responses. Please reply and share the experience.

Regards.
Official stamps are acceptable, as long as it contains all the necessary information on the statement, e.g. name, account number, balance etc.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:21 pm

its not a problem even if you dont have latest statement. as long as you have last month's statement, it's fine. home office fully understand that bank statements date does not often match with appointment / application date.

altmore
Newly Registered

Latest Bank stmt in post not received ILR due

Post by altmore » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi All,
I have same problem, my nov-dec bank stmt hasnt arrived in post due to xmas backlog i guess, now what should i do should go bank and take print out n get stamped or just show nov statement as latest statement

thanks

rajathwp

Bank Statement

Post by rajathwp » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:34 pm

If your last Bank Statement is 30 days old it's valid evidence as in most of the cases you can't have latest bank statement.

Should you want to be on a safer side ...Make Perfect Sense to take a Print Out , Stamp etc from Bank of your latest bank statement if you have not received your bank.

Piece of Mind- In most of the cases they either ask for Bank Statement or Pay Slip though everyone must carry both. Ta

mandhan

Post by mandhan » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:18 am

Thank you all for the replies.

Actually I get the statement up to 12th of each month and I get it in post 4-5 days later. So the last statement that I have got is for the period of 13th Nov to 12th Dec. Hence, I will not have received the statement for the period of 13th Dec to 12th January in time for the appointment on 14th Jan. Also on appointment day, it would have been more than 30 days since my last statement. If say, my appointment was on 10th Jan, I could have considered the current statement that I have as the latest statement as it would have been issued less than 30 days from the appointment.

So basically I have to go to the bank on 12th/13th Jan and get the statement for the last 30 days printed and stamped (but not signed).
I hope this should be enough.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:51 am

mandhan wrote:Thank you all for the replies.

Actually I get the statement up to 12th of each month and I get it in post 4-5 days later. So the last statement that I have got is for the period of 13th Nov to 12th Dec. Hence, I will not have received the statement for the period of 13th Dec to 12th January in time for the appointment on 14th Jan. Also on appointment day, it would have been more than 30 days since my last statement. If say, my appointment was on 10th Jan, I could have considered the current statement that I have as the latest statement as it would have been issued less than 30 days from the appointment.

So basically I have to go to the bank on 12th/13th Jan and get the statement for the last 30 days printed and stamped (but not signed).
I hope this should be enough.
dont take risk by taking the statement which is more than 30 days old, better approach 3-5 branches to get signed by the banker with seal on it, i guarantee you will win if you try some branches moreover you still have time for your appointment. if one branch doesnt sign but seal, go to another and try, it happened to me as well, i had to create a scene that my visa will be rejected this and that, then they finally did, afterall if couldnt make up with all thes attempts then go for seal without sign.

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:32 pm

I have same issue my husbands last bankstatement is the 2nd dec 2010 and we have a peo appointment on the 4th of jan so we are a few days out in terms of being over 3o days will this matter?

I have asked bank for mini statements as that all they can provide and they stamped and signed this for me... I did this today.. we also got a letter from bank sateing whos acount it is and what is the balance we will provide this as well.

I have appointment in BHam

sally12345

Post by sally12345 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:34 pm

sorry forgot to add my bank standar only give Mini statements now.. not full statement so not sure what to do

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:35 pm

I had an intresting experience with my bank today. Basically, to cut a long story short the home office has my bank statements and not going to give them back and I have an appoitment in 2 days time and I need the last 6 months bank statement the bank said they couldn't do it because of the number of transactions dating back to June!!!

They could give me the last 30 days transactions on letterheaded paper without a stamp and signature! I argued with the manager who said its banks policy and they used to give more than 30 days transactions 2 years ago but not anymore some policy or law change! Luckly I found some bank statements original ones, but I had only 2 months so with Decembers I have 3 months but its missing a stamp and signature which worried me.

So I went to another bank and guess what they gave me Novembers only and the guy asked me if I wanted any more! I said Novembers is okay i got the others which were originals. And he even stamped and signed them and he even printed out another page to show my account in reference to those transactions and mentioned to me this will show others that this a4 transaction papers are genuine articles?? never heard of that if anyone know please share.

In the end I am glad I have the last 4 months statements in way or another after the crooks kept them only worry is if my december transactions without stamp and sign on it will be acceptable to them hope the letter headed paper does it.

I am making a serious complaint to the home office and banks to the financial ombudsman and watchdog about how I and my wife has been treated like thugs.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:02 pm

AzimScot wrote:I had an intresting experience with my bank today. Basically, to cut a long story short the home office has my bank statements and not going to give them back and I have an appoitment in 2 days time and I need the last 6 months bank statement the bank said they couldn't do it because of the number of transactions dating back to June!!!

I am making a serious complaint to the home office and banks to the financial ombudsman and watchdog about how I and my wife has been treated like thugs.
good luck with your complaints. i am pretty sure it will go nowhere. i dont think you have been treated like a thug. why does home office still have your statement and you have another appointment in 2 days? if you can prove that they have the statements then you should just show that proof at your next appointment along with copies of bank statement.