ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometric card arrival time after biometric done

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iamhere70
Newly Registered

biometric card arrival time after biometric done

Post by iamhere70 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi,

First of all, thank everyone in the forum for sharing your experiences.

Does anyone have any recent experience or information of how long the letter or Biometric card takes to arrive after the Biometric is done?

As I have done Biometric, does this mean my application is successful?

I have done biometric 6weeks ago and my application was done 15 weeks ago. It seems like endless wait....

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:51 pm

4-8 weeks after biometrics appears to be the current time frame from reading other posts on the forum. This is obviously dependent on the case in question.
No, biometrics enrollment does not mean the application has been determined. It is simply a measure to ensure confirmation of identity. It is not an indication that the applications is successful/unsuccessful.

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:41 am

If you applied in person at one of the PEO offices you should receive it between 7-10 days.

I received a calling card from DX courier yesterday. Would that be in connection with my BRP card or do they come via registed post?

Thanks

iamhere70
Newly Registered

Post by iamhere70 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Yes, but a straightforward case like mine FLR(O) with 5 years of WP, how long this could take. I do not know any reason for this long....long duration, neither there is any update also.

KD1

Post by KD1 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Cazz - the courier card is probably for biometric as it is sent via courier. registered post is for returning any other documents from the PEO that they might have held back.

iamhere70
Newly Registered

Post by iamhere70 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:30 am

Is there any possible delay happening due to Olympic (some rumours I heard)! Has anyone crossed 4-8weeks period and still waiting?

As informed by the post office, after biometric there will be a letter coming confirming the application successful, two weeks after that BRP to come. Still waiting for the letter.