ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometric invitation .. please suggest

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

joanie

biometric invitation .. please suggest

Post by joanie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:37 pm

Hello moderators and everybody

I posted my Set LR as variation of FLR FP day before yesterday via special delivery and yesterday I received biometric invitation for the existing application. It asks to record biometric within 15 days and the letter is dated 4 september. Do I need to go for biometric soon or just wait for acknowledgement letter of Set LR?Pls give me your opinion.thanks

pelen23

Re: biometric invitation .. please suggest

Post by pelen23 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:19 pm

the letter is giving you a timescale to complete it regardless the acknowledgment letter so I would go and give my biometrics. I guess the sooner the better

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:53 pm

joanie wrote:Hello moderators and everybody

I posted my Set LR as variation of FLR FP day before yesterday via special delivery and yesterday I received biometric invitation for the existing application. It asks to record biometric within 15 days and the letter is dated 4 september. Do I need to go for biometric soon or just wait for acknowledgement letter of Set LR?Pls give me your opinion.thanks
Delay your bio till last date and if u receive HO acknowledgement about variation than give the bio
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

joanie

Post by joanie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Hi Pelen and Zee
Thanks for you guys suggestion.

joanie

Post by joanie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Yesterday, got a letter from HO issuing a cheque refund for £ 0.15 ( yes, u read it right £0.15  ) on my spouse's name. My spouse had varied his application from FLR FP to FLR M on the same day I varied my application to SET LR on 10th of September 14. We had paid correct fees for both the sets thtough postal order. Yesterday I even received a biometric letter for my spouse again, but no acknowledgement letter for FLR M was received, though a letter was there stating thank you for application on permission to stay in the UK. I am in my wits end how did that refund happen? I mean I have paid just the right fees.Can anybody suggest me what should I do now?pls suggest.regards Joanie

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:01 pm

joanie wrote:Yesterday, got a letter from HO issuing a cheque refund for £ 0.15 ( yes, u read it right £0.15  ) on my spouse's name. My spouse had varied his application from FLR FP to FLR M on the same day I varied my application to SET LR on 10th of September 14. We had paid correct fees for both the sets thtough postal order. Yesterday I even received a biometric letter for my spouse again, but no acknowledgement letter for FLR M was received, though a letter was there stating thank you for application on permission to stay in the UK. I am in my wits end how did that refund happen? I mean I have paid just the right fees.Can anybody suggest me what should I do now?pls suggest.regards Joanie
Explain in detail what fees u pay for flr fp 601? and how much is the fees of flr m application?

when u vary your application from flr frp to flr m did u pay flr m full fees or difference of fees?
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

joanie

Post by joanie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:08 pm

Hello Zee,
I paid £601 for FLR FP and the same amount for FLR M. I paid the whole fees not the difference. Yesterday we got the acknowledgement for both the SeT LR and FLR M. That 0.15p refund must be mistake from HO side but I dunno what should I do about it. May be I should wtite for refund of FLR FP fees now. What do you suggest?
thanks in advance Zee.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:20 pm

joanie wrote:Hello Zee,
I paid £601 for FLR FP and the same amount for FLR M. I paid the whole fees not the difference. Yesterday we got the acknowledgement for both the SeT LR and FLR M. That 0.15p refund must be mistake from HO side but I dunno what should I do about it. May be I should wtite for refund of FLR FP fees now. What do you suggest?
thanks in advance Zee.
At this stage do nothing and wait for outcome of your flr m.

Once received the visa than ask for flr fp refund.

Did u give bio for flr fp?

joanie

Post by joanie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:51 pm

Yes zee,
Bio done for both FLR FP and FLR M.