ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric letter not received

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:20 am

Hi guys

I am wondering if anyone is on same boat as me, I had sent my set o application 7 of this month and money deducted 14, and I am still waiting for to receive biometric letter as few of my friends received letter within the 10 days of postal

Need to know if this is normal or something wrong with my application??

zee716
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric letter not received

Post by zee716 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:48 am

Hi Plzilr,
I am on the same boat. I applied on 4th of June, Fees Deducted 7th June. After that nothing heard back from the Home office. Even my friends get the Biometric Letter who applied with me.

Vegeta
India

Post by Vegeta » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:05 pm

I applied on 10th June, fee deducted on 13th June, received email from home office saying 'application has been received' on 20th and received biometric letter on 21st(dated 19th June). So probably you should receive next week if it's late or something.

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:13 pm

I sent set o which application you sent?

I wonder if its something to do with application validity??

zee716
Newly Registered

Post by zee716 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:31 pm

I applied under long residency Set (LR).

Vegeta
India

Post by Vegeta » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Mine was SET O as well

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:08 pm

Is this delaying has to do anything with application validity?

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:38 am

Guys

Is there any number so I can chase this biometric team as its over 20 days now and haven't received Biometric letter neither any acknowledgement I really need that desperately as I have to give this my employer otherwise will loose the job...

zee716
Newly Registered

Post by zee716 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:20 pm

Any luck with Biometric Letter. I am waiting for 23 days no luck. I need the Biometric letter desperately as I have to show some sort of communication from the home office to my employer. Really Worried

saj626

Post by saj626 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:18 pm

Dear members

In my case I received biometric enrolment letter after 7 weeks.
Posted set LR on 3 May 2016. Bio en letter received on 20 Monday 20th June. If money has been deducted it's fine you will receive bio en letter in due course.
Hope it will answer your question.
Good luck

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:13 am

What about set o application is anyone facing same issue?

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Sent application on 20th June. Application received on 21st June. Fee taken 25th June (it showed as allocated for payment from 22nd June on credit card). Have yet to receive confirmation of any kind but in reading here it appears I have not actually waited very long yet. My visa expires on 1st July and I intend to keep working since the fee has been deducted. I asked the question on these boards if I should expect a letter but was just told that I have a right to continue working if I've applied (which I already knew) and querying why I didn't spend an additional £500 and do it the same day.

From reading through various posts on these boards, I've come to the conclusion that no one is really any wiser about the letter situation as it seems to be at home office discretion. Unless someone on these boards actually works through these applications and comes on here in their spare time, they can't answer.

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:36 pm

Don't know many people who applied at same as me and after has received there letter I rang the HO and they said its take 4 to 6 weeks but when I told him regarding my colleague who just received in 10 days time so he said he can't comment on specific cases but am not sure how this BRP team is working and I am just suspended from work cause I don't have any proof to show them...HO is with full bunch of lazy and idiots charging thousands of pounds but can't be bothered to send acknowledgement on time or hired the staff who can atleast help the applicants with there application...

saj626

Post by saj626 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:53 pm

Plzilr wrote:Don't know many people who applied at same as me and after has received there letter I rang the HO and they said its take 4 to 6 weeks but when I told him regarding my colleague who just received in 10 days time so he said he can't comment on specific cases but am not sure how this BRP team is working and I am just suspended from work cause I don't have any proof to show them...HO is with full bunch of lazy and idiots charging thousands of pounds but can't be bothered to send acknowledgement on time or hired the staff who can atleast help the applicants with there application...

Dear plzlir

In my case I made several calls to UKVI ist they said wait 6 weeks then after six week one guy on the call centre he said ILR processing time is 6 months you should expect your biometric any time within six months.
Then I read here in this forum to get in touch with local mp which I did my local MP said same thing. Then I explained my local MP one of my family member is ill I need to travel urgently.i need his help he said he will ring UKVI and get back then he confirmed UKVI got my application I shoud expect my bio en letter soon then next week I got biometric letter. I would sugges get in touch with your local MP and explain your problem it might help.

zee716
Newly Registered

Post by zee716 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:49 pm

Dear Plzilr,
Any luck with the Biometric letter.

jt897142
Newly Registered

Post by jt897142 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:22 pm

@Plzilr: I don't know why your employer suspended you from work. In my case they asked me to fill up the form called ECS (Employer checking service) and than they sent it to employercheckingservice@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

its guidance is somewhere in gov.uk site. You can point your employer to that link.

Hope this helps.

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:47 am

@zee726 no luck with biometric Don't know what's going on spoke to MP yesterday and he said it will take 4 to 6 weeks time to receive it so no hope from them yet as well..

@jt897 yes my employer has already sent this request but problem is my case is still not uploaded in the HO system that's why probably the ecs will also come negative I believe..

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:55 am

Mate, if they have taken your money then your application should be considered as being processed. I guess different employers take a different stance on this as the rules are not well known or communicated. On the Home Office site, there is no mention of needing to show your employer that your application is being processed, it just states that you are entitled to continue living and working under the same conditions while your application is processed. It is almost deliberately vague.

When I told my manager that my visa was expiring, it was the first time it had even come to their attention. Since then, they have not followed up with me once about my application or status... As far as they know, I could be an illegal worker.

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:14 am

@nickthekiwi

Taking payment doesn't mean they have processed the application unless and until they do not registered the case in their system that's what the MP office told me as I contacted them yesterday to chase my application with home office and she rang them and got reply from them that once they receive application the payment team immediately take the payment and put application in the envelope to forward the another team who actually enter application details in the system this is a kind of application validity process once this finish system issues the biometric and generate the case id which allocate to the the case worker, now between the payment taking team and the team registered the case depends the how busy they are..

tally80
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by tally80 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:47 pm

Hello to Respected Senior Members,

First of all, thanks to all the senior members for their valuable guidance to all the newcomers like me on this precious forum. Secondly, the information about my posted case as per this thread requires for everyones' knowledge:

I am on Tier 1 General Visa.
Visa Validity was til 28 June, 2016.
Posted my case on 15 June, 2016 with one Dependant (Wife).
Money Deducted (Paid by Cheque) by Home office on 23 June, 2016.
Acknowledgement: Not Received yet.
Biometric Letter: Not Received yet.

I don't know how long it's going to take to get Biometric letter, as nothing to complain about but to wait :D

mickey1112
Newly Registered

Post by mickey1112 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:14 pm

SET O for ILR after 6years
Can someone help here please
Applied 19/5/16
Money out the 20/5/16
Acknowledged Not received yet
Biometric. Not received yet

Can someone help here please.

mickey1112
Newly Registered

Post by mickey1112 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:21 pm

Plzilr wrote:What about set o application is anyone facing same issue?

Yes I am
Applied 19/5/16
Money out 29/5/16
Biometric not yet
Acknowledged not yet

NickTheKiwi

Post by NickTheKiwi » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:46 am

@mickey1112 - No one can really help here with this query. Seems acknowledgement letters are not being received by a number of people. I'm guessing the home office is very busy at the moment. Unless someone here works in that particular office, they don't know.

Hupenyumutoro
Newly Registered

Post by Hupenyumutoro » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Got my biometric letter dated 25 June 2016 after applying for ILR on the 14th May 2016

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:48 pm

@mickey

I received biometric letter and acknowledgement letter after 3 weeks waiting not really sure how this biometric team is working as in some cases they sent in within 10 days of application submission and in some they taking 6 weeks to sene...