ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my daughter get her ILR by this way?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cqln

Can my daughter get her ILR by this way?

Post by cqln » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:59 pm

I got a question. I'll apply for my ILR through 10 years long residence. I have a dependent daughter with me and I have sole responsibility on her. She is 17 years old when I submit my application for my ILR but will be 18 years old when I get my ILR considering the long processing time.

So, can she apply for her ILR by using SET(F) for her application as a under-18 child of settled person? Or, she can only apply for a 2 years dependent probation visa?

I am quite worrying about this and will be grateful to any advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:33 pm

cqln wrote:
vinny wrote:
[url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/seto]Guide SET[/url](O) wrote:If your only dependants are children under 18 and they do not qualify under the long residence rules, they may apply for indefinite leave to remain as a child of a per- son present and settled in the UK on form SET(F). Each child would have to apply and pay separately. Any child over 18 wanting to apply as your dependant would also have to apply and pay separately on SET(F).
I got similar issue. My question is if the child aged 19 will get ILR or only a dependent visa? Thanks!
I believe that she may use SET(F), as suggested by Guide SET(O). Apply before her leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cqln

Post by cqln » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:07 am

Vinny, SET (F) is used for an ILR under this condition even if she is over 18 years old, is it correct?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:45 am

vinny wrote:
cqln wrote:
vinny wrote:
[url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/seto]Guide SET[/url](O) wrote:If your only dependants are children under 18 and they do not qualify under the long residence rules, they may apply for indefinite leave to remain as a child of a per- son present and settled in the UK on form SET(F). Each child would have to apply and pay separately. Any child over 18 wanting to apply as your dependant would also have to apply and pay separately on SET(F).
I got similar issue. My question is if the child aged 19 will get ILR or only a dependent visa? Thanks!
I believe that she may use SET(F), as suggested by Guide SET(O). Apply before her leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cqln

Further question

Post by cqln » Sat May 11, 2013 11:51 am

Further to my question earlier, I got another question as below:

When I am eligible to submit my application for the ILR under 10 years long residence, my visa will be expired after one month. I believe the decision will not be made in such a short time. So, how about my daughter's visa as she cannot submit any application at the same time? Will her visa be regarded as valid or not?

Also, can she apply on a separate SET(F) form at the same time or later and indicating that I am applying for ILR?

Thanks!
vinny wrote:
vinny wrote:
cqln wrote:
vinny wrote: