ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Compelling Letter for Absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saqib389

Compelling Letter for Absence

Post by saqib389 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi There,

Does anyone know what does Compelling Absence letter means from applicant ?

At what stage applicant needs to write this ? bit confused!

I didn't have a job for a month then i went out of UK for a month (can i state this absence due to compelling ?)

Any help please ?

Thank you very much,

SQ

razi.khan

Re: Compelling Letter for Absence

Post by razi.khan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:24 am

"Absences must be for a reason consistent with the original purpose of entry to the UKor for a serious or compelling compassionate reason"
Compelling or Compassionate reason related to deviate from the allowed absences, i.e. more than 180 days in any consecutive 12 months. These absences related to the work or personnel reason, but if your absence not related to job then its ok.
Absences must be connected to the applicant’s sponsored or permitted employment, or the permitted economic activity being carried out in the UK, for example, business trips or short secondments. This also includes, any paid annual leave which must be assessed on a case by case basis and must be in line with the UK statutory annual leave entitlement.
Short visits outside the UK on weekends or other non-working days are consistent with the basis of stay and do not break the continuity of leave. You must count such absences towards the 180 day limit.
Evidence in the form of a letter from the employer which sets out the reasons for the absences, including annual leave, must be provided. Where short visits outside the UK, on weekends or other non-working days have taken place, evidence from the employer must be provided to confirm the applicant’s normal working pattern and show the absences occurred during a non-working period. Tier 1 (General) applicants who are self-employed or in business must provide a letter of explanation of their business-related absences.
Compassionate reasons will vary but can include:
24 hours,are not counted.
The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. The period of delay will not be counted as an absence if it does not exceed 90 days. If the delay is more than 90 days, none of the period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK can be included in the continuous period calculation.
If the absences are connected to other employment outside the UK, which demonstrates the UK employment is secondary, these are not permitted absences, and the continuous period requirement is broken.
The continuous period is maintained if the:
 applicant leaves the UK without valid leave, but re-enters with new entry clearance within 28 days of their leave expiry date, or
 applicant leaves the UK with valid leave and re-enters the UK whilst that leave remains valid, provided the absence(s) do not exceed 180 days in a relevant 12 month period.

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:06 pm

Thanks,

In Simple words.

Can i produce a letter by saying that i didn't have job for a month by ticking this box ?

razi.khan

Post by razi.khan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:51 pm

saqib389 wrote:Thanks,

In Simple words.

Can i produce a letter by saying that i didn't have job for a month by ticking this box ?
yes if you want to, otherwise its not necessary and you can tick the box and mention Family visit only

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi

With respect to Absence, I have a query i.e I was self -employed in 2011 as a IT Freelancer and during that time I have been to India for 31 days so in this case what you need to specify for the " Absence Reason" . In total I was 78 days out of UK in Five years and for other absence I have got Employer letter stating "Annual Leave". I am within 180 day rule in any of the five years. Could you please suggest should i give a evidence for the above absence or Simply specify in the letter stating that I was on "Holiday ".

Guys kindly give your suggestions for the above query.

Regards,
HSR72