ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correct Time to apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

milindsm

Correct Time to apply for ILR

Post by milindsm » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Hello,

Can I know what is the correct time to apply for ILR please? In my case, I came to the UK in December but for initial 2 months, I was living at my friend's place so I don't have any bills, bank statements or anything of that sort on my name for those 2 months (except the stamp on my visa that proves that I entered this country in December).

Do I need address proofs from day 1 in this country? Or shall I simply wait 2 more months before I apply for ILR?

Thanks

fielddrive

Re: Correct Time to apply for ILR

Post by fielddrive » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:08 pm

you need to provide details for basis of your current stay before anyone can answer your question

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:16 pm

fielddrive wrote:you need to provide details for basis of your current stay before anyone can answer your question
I am on Tier 1 (General) since Dec 2010 (I know it is too early to ask) and will complete 5 yrs next December. As far as criteria like continuous stay, points etc. are concerned, there is no issue. Although I entered in Dec 2010, I was living at my friend's place until Feb 2011 so there are no utility bills, address proofs on my name for those two months (and some days). My question is, shall I apply for my ILR in Dec 2015 (when I'll complete 5 yrs) or Feb 2016 (as I'll be able to produce address proofs for all 5 yrs.) ? Does UKBA need the address proof from day 1?

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:37 am

I believe you don't need any address proof, You need to get letter from employer of your absences. And one more thing your question was not very clear. If you have any dependents then it maters the address proof for cohabitation. Please make it clear your question and before going to ask a question, Check the ILR guidance.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:13 am

always good to plan in advance, i'd do the same.

broadly agree with @haiksuresh you won't need proof of address for that far in the past unless essential to your application

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:13 pm

Thanks for your replies. To make my point/question clear, I entered in Dec 2010 on Tier 1 (general) for a job hunt. I got a job in Feb 2011. Until then I was living at my friend's place. So no bank statements, utility bills for Dec 2010, Jan-2011. My wife came later on in Aug 2011. She started working from day 1 thus I have all proofs of cohabitation as my wife has bank statement/payslips. Theoretically, I am eligible for ILR in Dec 2015. But I am wondering if UKBA needs some proof (in the form of bank statements, utility bills etc.) to prove my 5 years tenure. Would it be safer to apply for ILR in Feb 2016 rather than Dec 2015 (my Tier 1 is valid until 2017 so I have buffer)

I hope I am making sense this time :D

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:22 am

Experts .. any suggestions??

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:50 am

milindsm wrote:Thanks for your replies. To make my point/question clear, I entered in Dec 2010 on Tier 1 (general) for a job hunt. I got a job in Feb 2011. Until then I was living at my friend's place. So no bank statements, utility bills for Dec 2010, Jan-2011. My wife came later on in Aug 2011. She started working from day 1 thus I have all proofs of cohabitation as my wife has bank statement/payslips. Theoretically, I am eligible for ILR in Dec 2015. But I am wondering if UKBA needs some proof (in the form of bank statements, utility bills etc.) to prove my 5 years tenure. Would it be safer to apply for ILR in Feb 2016 rather than Dec 2015 (my Tier 1 is valid until 2017 so I have buffer)

I hope I am making sense this time :D
Experts .. any suggestions??

bhp

Post by bhp » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:11 am

You only need cohab documents if dependant(s) are applying with along with you, else you can skip these documents.