ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Portablejohnson

delay in ILR Application

Post by Portablejohnson » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:42 am

Hi All,
We posted our ILR application on the 29th Jan 2016 and we got a response on 28th July saying ''they are waiting for response from another government agency before making a decision on our application'' They have all our original documents including passports etc. Its now going to 9 months and we are getting really worried. Job interviews and travel plans have had to be cancelled because of this. I call their number every Friday and they keep telling me a decision has not been made yet on our application and nothing more than that.
Any advise please?This is getting really frustrating and worrying.

devi2211

Re: delay in ILR Application

Post by devi2211 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:50 am

Hi Portablejohnson,

I have received exactly same letter as you, after 5 months one week of my application sent by post.

It is really worrying that no proper information available from customer service.
Even I have sent all my original documents with my application but my only worry is, I had amended my SA for one tax year, except that everything is correct.

Were you self employed and Do you have any amendments?

Thanks

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:16 am

Hi Devi2211,
Thanks for your response.Yes, I amended tax return sometime last year and my Accountant said its been submitted to HMRC so i think its a case of confirming this with HMRC. I guess that's where the delay is from but its really frustrating as I don't know how long I have to wait for. Don't know whether contacting our local MP will help.Let me know if you hear from them, will update on mine too. Thanks.

devi2211 wrote:Hi Portablejohnson,

I have received exactly same letter as you, after 5 months one week of my application sent by post.

It is really worrying that no proper information available from customer service.
Even I have sent all my original documents with my application but my only worry is, I had amended my SA for one tax year, except that everything is correct.

Thanks

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:54 am

Hi Devi2211,
Thanks for your response.Yes, I amended tax return sometime last year and my Accountant said its been submitted to HMRC so i think its a case of confirming this with HMRC. I guess that's where the delay is from but its really frustrating as I don't know how long I have to wait for. Don't know whether contacting our local MP will help.Let me know if you hear from them, will update on mine too. Thanks.

devi2211 wrote:Hi Portablejohnson,

Thanks

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:01 pm

Fed up with this waiting game.Still waiting for a decision. Application posted 29th Jan

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:11 pm

am beginning to loose my mind.

pusm

Post by pusm » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:18 pm

I Also waiting since 1st week of Feb 2016 ! :(

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:22 pm

pusm wrote:I Also waiting since 1st week of Feb 2016 ! :(
Hi Pusm,

Its nice to know am not the only one. A friend suggested we speak to our MP.He can write to them on our behalf.

pusm

Post by pusm » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:25 pm

ok ,

Is it worth it ?

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:29 pm

pusm wrote:ok ,

Is it worth it ?

Hi Pusm,
Don't know to be honest!

banky
Newly Registered

Post by banky » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:53 am

Hi all,
I think it is their new thing now. I've posted my application on May 5th,biometric done on May 19th, received a letter yesterday dated 19th of October that they need further time to process my application "due to exceptionally complex issue".
I have done amendments for my 2010/11 in March 2014 and all tax has been paid. I guess it's just a waiting game now.

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:38 am

banky wrote:Hi all,
I think it is their new thing now. I've posted my application on May 5th,biometric done on May 19th, received a letter yesterday dated 19th of October that they need further time to process my application "due to exceptionally complex issue".
I have done amendments for my 2010/11 in March 2014 and all tax has been paid. I guess it's just a waiting game now.
Hi Banky,
Thanks for your comment.I guess they are just too busy tthese days.It's just that the waiting game is killing and frustrating. Have to find a way to cope with it I gues

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:00 pm

Hello,

I am in the same boat. I have amended my tax returns for 2012 as my earnings were in two tax years, I haven't shown any expenses in 2012. I have received same letter couple of weeks ago and not sure how long it is going to take.
R

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:13 pm

revanth667 wrote:Hello,

I am in the same boat. I have amended my tax returns for 2012 as my earnings were in two tax years, I haven't shown any expenses in 2012. I have received same letter couple of weeks ago and not sure how long it is going to take.

Hello,
I heard there is no timeline or service standard anymore a regarding when they have tone get back with a decision so it's just a matter of waiting really.fingers crossed.

psc_ilr1003

Post by psc_ilr1003 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:15 pm

hi guys,
posted on 10feb still waiting. recieved exceptionaly complex letter on 20th july. no correspondence afterward.amended one tax return for 2010

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:36 pm

psc_ilr1003 wrote:hi guys,
posted on 10feb still waiting. recieved exceptionaly complex letter on 20th july. no correspondence afterward.amended one tax return for 2010
Hi,
Fingers crossed for us all.Please let's know of any updates.

pusm

Post by pusm » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:31 am

I also received exceptionally complex letter.

but after that no communication

psc_ilr1003

Post by psc_ilr1003 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:47 pm

pusm wrote:I also received exceptionally complex letter.

but after that no communication
hi,

i think all the guys with exceptionally complex letters are with amendments. not sure if they are waiting for policy guideline on how to deal with amendments case or waiting for few JR pending to see how to progress.

But strange thing is they are not holding everyone case. some guys i know personally whose cases were rejected on PEO for amendment were given ILR in post.

it is getting really frustrating and depressing. not sure what to do in case of a negative outcome. or how long this situation will last. at least guys with interview know they are making some progress.

psc_ilr1003

Post by psc_ilr1003 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:52 pm

Also two of my friends wife recieve the same exceptionaly complex letter when there SLA time was up. but once there husband was given ILR than they get VISA too.

just trying to think positive that we have recieved this letter as they are busy and not able to look at our case.
Apologies for the rant.

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:35 pm

psc_ilr1003 wrote:Also two of my friends wife recieve the same exceptionaly complex letter when there SLA time was up. but once there husband was given ILR than they get VISA too.

just trying to think positive that we have recieved this letter as they are busy and not able to look at our case.
Apologies for the rant.

Hi all,
Ours is 9 months today since we posted our application.I think they are just busy with some other things and haven't looked at these applications.It's just not fair that they've kept people in the balance without any format of communication and no further SLA or timeline to which to they have to respond.

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:43 pm

My letter said that they are waiting for a reply from government agency or organisation regarding one of the documents I have enclosed with my application. I know it's regarding my tax amendment which I did in January 2016 and I have enclosed the letter sent by HMRC with my application. I did not include any SA302's. It was my mistake doing amendment and even without amendment my income was above £35k.
R

pusm

Post by pusm » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:50 pm

They may waiting for few JR pending to see how to progress , because tax office verification may not take this long ...

There are 2 guys waiting nearly a year in this board got refusal ..... :(

psc_ilr1003

Post by psc_ilr1003 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:18 pm

pusm wrote:They may waiting for few JR pending to see how to progress , because tax office verification may not take this long ...

There are 2 guys waiting nearly a year in this board got refusal ..... :(

Do you know the reason of refusal for these two guys. and what was there case like ?

Also most of the case are getting rejected after interview but there is another guys named wasi in this board who got approval on 20th OCT after interview and he also did amendment. his wait time was almost 8 month. his case history can be found on ilr exclusding 10 yr board in this website.

i do understand this is very difficult but being positive and looking at the bright side is the only thing that will help us in getting through this difficult time. than whatever happens we will face when we cross that bridge.

Portablejohnson

Post by Portablejohnson » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:20 pm

HI All,
Received interview invitation letter today.Does anyone know what type of questions to expect please?

psc_ilr1003

Post by psc_ilr1003 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:47 pm

after how many months ? r u currently self employed.? did u get a date or just a letter stating we will interview u? your initial letter was exceptionaly complex or checking with other goverment agency?

few of my friends went on interview it was mainly buisness question.