ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent knowledge of English points missing in PBS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Srinee
Newly Registered

Post by Srinee » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Hi, I am new to the forum and needed a urgent help regarding ilr dependent application.

First application of tier1 approved :: Dec 2009(during this period, only masters and phd were allowed to apply for tier1 and hence points were allocated to masters and phd in PBS calculator)

Extension of tier1 approved :: Dec 2012.

Now, eligible for IlR in Nov 2014 and got an PEO appointment on 20th nov 2014. I have strange problem regarding my dependent qualification. Her qualification is B.Tech from india(2004) and I am sure it can get 30 points for qualification and 10 for English requirement.

However, because my initial application was made in dec 2009..and pbs calculator doesn't proceed without entering initial application date ...PBS calculator doesn't show B.tech qualification to prove points.can experts advice how do I prove dependents qualification and English requirement... Thanks in advance

Malik44

Re: Dependent knowledge of English points missing in PBS

Post by Malik44 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:41 am

There are two dates one is visa grant date and
second is your initial application postal date.
put postal date in PBS calculator

For Example:
applicant applied on 27 March 2009 and visa grant on 20 Dec 2009. PBS calculator run as per 27 March 2009 not 20 Dec 2009

if result same mean no points awarded than your dependent have to clear ESOL B1 entry level 3 ASAP.

Srinee
Newly Registered

Post by Srinee » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:22 am

Thanks for your reply Mallik. As you suggested, tried with date of application but still can't get the qualification. However tried with different time frame when points were allocated for bachelors degree for initial tier1 application, the qualification now shows up as 30 points and even 10 points for English requirement.

So, my question is does initial application date of tier1 of main applicant has any significance in calculating dependents English requirement ?? Thanks in advance

balanair
Newly Registered

Post by balanair » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:07 pm

Hello ,

Can anyone please advise , if initial application date of tier1 of main applicant has any significance in calculating dependents English requirement ?
I f i am entering the tier 1 intial application date for my wife, i am getting zero point for degree.

Your help is very much appreciated

Thanks

Dasavathar

Post by Dasavathar » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:41 am

Hi

You are using the point based calculator for your dependent only to prove her English requirement, not for any other purpose. (Age, income, UK experience and so on)

My understanding is, ultimately we are pretending with other information’s to run the calculator! (So the case worker should not bother about other information’s)

Please make sure that you input the correct information’s on academic institution, duration of course, course studied and the year of award. With this information if you get score for qualification and English then it should be fine.

Moderators please throw some light on this discussion.

balanair
Newly Registered

Post by balanair » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:45 am

Thanks Bro, so it means the manipulation of tier 1 main applicants date is accepted...
My tier 1 date was 27jan2010 and i changed on PBS for my wife to 27jan2009; so that she can get points for qualifications.
moderators, senior members please confim its urgent..plzzz...