ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa for an ILR partner

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jvijaykannan
Newly Registered

Dependent visa for an ILR partner

Post by jvijaykannan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:36 am

Hi All,

Please can you help!

I came to the UK in Aug 2009 on Tier -2 ICT and converted to ILR in Sep-2014, my partner joined me in UK - Mar 2014 under Tier 2 Dependent/Partner Visa. My Partner Visa expires Jul-2015 and I'm trying to understand if I can convert her visa to FLR(M) - For 2.5 years and eventually converting to ILR after 5 years however when I went through UKBA website I was made aware that I can only extend her through my previous visa on which she originally entered UK.
Exceptions for FLR(M) - your partner originally had a temporary visa as a worker
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/overview

Please can you help clarify,

1. Should I apply only through Tier 2 ICT dependent and not FLR(M)

2. My company will not support with sponsorship anymore as I'm converted to ILR
a. can I still extend my dependent's visa as Tier-2 ICT Partner
b. are there financial requirements that I need to meet or show savings

3. Are there ways for me to convert her to FLR(M), I realise I may loose 1.5 years of time she had gained in the current visa for the overall 5 years to convert to ILR

If I'm completely wrong in what I have understood so far, please help in guiding to the right process.

Many Thanks for your help in advance!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Dependent visa for an ILR partner

Post by manci » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:13 am

jvijaykannan
Newly Registered

Post by jvijaykannan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:25 am

Many Thanks 'manci' for a very quick reply - the link you have provided is very helpful. It suggests FLR(M) is an options, can you please confirm I can still go ahead an apply through that though the site suggests exceptions on a temporary visa.

Exceptions for FLR(M) - your partner originally had a temporary visa as a worker

Though I understand it will reset, converting to FLR(M) gives an advantage for work applications than being a tier 2 dependent.

Thanks again!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:22 pm

jvijaykannan wrote:Many Thanks 'manci' for a very quick reply - the link you have provided is very helpful. It suggests FLR(M) is an options, can you please confirm I can still go ahead an apply through that though the site suggests exceptions on a temporary visa.

Though I understand it will reset, converting to FLR(M) gives an advantage for work applications than being a tier 2 dependent.
is your partner a doctor or dentist?

Thanks again!

jvijaykannan
Newly Registered

Post by jvijaykannan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:24 pm

No, she isn't a doctor or dentist.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:17 am

read this thread, especially the posts by Moderators (CR001, Amber, vinny):
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1171099

jvijaykannan
Newly Registered

Post by jvijaykannan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:34 am

Thanks 'manci' this is an excellent link and answers all my queries :)

jvijaykannan
Newly Registered

Post by jvijaykannan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:11 pm

@manci

Hi Manci,

I have now booked premier appointment in Sheffield, my previous Tier 2 visa was under 'Tier 2 ICT Long term Leave to remain'. The paper form suggest there are 2 options ICT Long term under 3 years for 651£ and over 3 years for 1302£ however the premier appointment allows only an option for ICT long term over 3 years and I have booked it for 1302£- can you please help confirm if this is correct and if my dependent will be allowed over 3 years visa so I can convert her to ILR directly towards the end of it(and total > 5 years).

Many Thanks!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:05 pm

jvijaykannan wrote:@manci

Hi Manci,

I have now booked premier appointment in Sheffield, my previous Tier 2 visa was under 'Tier 2 ICT Long term Leave to remain'. The paper form suggest there are 2 options ICT Long term under 3 years for 651£ and over 3 years for 1302£
you have ILR what are you applying for?

however the premier appointment allows only an option for ICT long term over 3 years and I have booked it for 1302£- can you please help confirm if this is correct and if my dependent will be allowed over 3 years visa so I can convert her to ILR directly towards the end of it(and total > 5 years).

Many Thanks!

jvijaykannan
Newly Registered

Post by jvijaykannan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi Manci,

Sorry for the confusion, its the extension for my dependent.

Thanks!

jvijaykannan
Newly Registered

Post by jvijaykannan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:00 pm

@manci,

I have cancelled the appointment and rebooked under PBS Dependent (Tier 1, 2, 5) -> Any other part of Tier 2
(as per guidance, Answer “Any other part of Tier 2? if the main applicant has applied for leave under:

Tier 2 (General)
Tier 2 (Minister of Religion)
Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer): Long Term Staff only.
I have an ILR but originally came through Tier 2 ICT long term staff in 2009 and extended as under 3 years each time)

Total charge for this visa is £1051 however I have been asked to pay IHS of 600£ for 3 years. Please can you help confirm if I have applied under the right category and list of supporting documents I need to take for the premium service appointment.

Many Thanks for your help!