ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DL after 6 years using Set O or FLR DL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dippy263

DL after 6 years using Set O or FLR DL

Post by Dippy263 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:06 am

Hi...... I was granted DL in 2009 after a failed asylum claim, I further extended it after and was granted another further 3 years. This comes to an end in November. I would like to use the premium service however FLR DL form is not available for this service however SET O is. My question is; can I use SET O form is my initial DL was granted based on a failed asylum?
Your advice in this matter will be gratly appreciated.

My case would be considered straight forward as I do not have criminal records and have lived a straight forward life since, I have a son who is 14 and has recently been granted British citizenship.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: DL after 6 years using Set O or FLR DL

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:07 am

If you are applying for ILR, then it is Set(O) you use.

FLR (DL) is for further leave to remain on discretionary leave.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:15 pm

CR001 wrote:If you are applying for ILR, then it is Set(O) you use.

FLR (DL) is for further leave to remain on discretionary leave.
Thank you for getting back to me, so I can still use Set O even if my initial DL was granted as a failed asylum?
Also on FLR DL you have settlement application? That is why I am so confused

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:19 pm

I see! You can use FLR(DL) then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:22 pm

CR001 wrote:I see! You can use FLR(DL) then.
I was hoping to avoid that form, am I not eligible for set O? :(

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Hello can anyone help? Can I use Set O to apply for ILR even though my initial claim 7 years ago was for failed asylum, has anyone used premium service for IDL if they had DL granted after failed asylum

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:23 pm

This thread is most confusing.

CR001 appear to have given you the best advise, as your case was under DLR policy in place before 9th July 2012.

FlR (DL) , are people granted DLR following failed asylum after that.

You fall into SET O since 2015.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:19 am

Thank you all so much, you are amazing

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi Guys

After much reading, phone calls and looking into this matter, anyone claiming Settlement who was given DL after a failed Asylum should use Form FLR(DL) and not SET (O).
SET (O) is only for people claiming Settlement and WERE NOT REUSED ASYLUM...... FLR (O) is for Settlement IF YOUR ASYLUM CLAIM WAS REFUSED.

Please do not fall into the mistake I made of thinking you can use the premium service and buying air tickets.
I am very sad! God help me I get my ILR before December when I put in my application end October. :( :( :(

fjones66947
Newly Registered

Post by fjones66947 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Dippy263 wrote:Hi Guys

After much reading, phone calls and looking into this matter, anyone claiming Settlement who was given DL after a failed Asylum should use Form FLR(DL) and not SET (O).
SET (O) is only for people claiming Settlement and WERE NOT REUSED ASYLUM...... FLR (O) is for Settlement IF YOUR ASYLUM CLAIM WAS REFUSED.

Please do not fall into the mistake I made of thinking you can use the premium service and buying air tickets.
I am very sad! God help me I get my ILR before December when I put in my application end October. :( :( :(

Hi Dippy263,

Please let me know how you get along,I am in a similar situation as yours.I applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain about 5wks ago on the form FLR(DL). I shall keep you up to date about my progress. Please do the same.

regards.

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:30 pm

Hi Guys

After much confusion, sleepless nights and endless phone calls to HO, I was adviced to use DL but I decided to gamble and use SET O on premium service.
I am glad to say today was my PEO appointment and my ILR has been granted! I am so over the moon and glad I never cancelled my flights and loose my money.
Thank you all for your help and advice x x

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:33 pm

Obie wrote:This thread is most confusing.

CR001 appear to have given you the best advise, as your case was under DLR policy in place before 9th July 2012.

FlR (DL) , are people granted DLR following failed asylum after that.

You fall into SET O since 2015.
Thank you Obie for your advice even though I doubted you for a minute, I decided to follow your advice and I have been granted my ILR :)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:42 pm

Congratulations. Pleased for you.

You are not the first, and certainly not be the last to question my advise.

I do not take it personal at all.

I am happy you received your ILR, and I believe praise should be given to my colleague CR001 also, as i appeared to have only endorsed the advice she gave.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:51 pm

Obie wrote:Congratulations. Pleased for you.

You are not the first, and certainly not be the last to question my advise.

I do not take it personal at all.

I am happy you received your ILR, and I believe praise should be given to my colleague CR001 also, as i appeared to have only endorsed the advice she gave.
Yes my bad, thank you CR001 you were right!
Thank you thank you all again.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:01 pm

After much confusion, sleepless nights and endless phone calls to HO, I was adviced to use DL but I decided to gamble and use SET O on premium service.
I am glad to say today was my PEO appointment and my ILR has been granted! I am so over the moon and glad I never cancelled my flights and loose my money.
Congrats Dappy i so happy one of us has got his ilr it gives us all hope us on DLR tryn to apply for ilr.

Can i just ask did you book your PEO 28 days before your visa expire date. On the SET O form i noticed there are so many questions that relate to people on work permit if you have been not working or no income does it affect your spplication.

I am sure you just so happy and now free from h/o issues.

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:17 pm

africangirl wrote:

Congrats Dappy i so happy one of us has got his ilr it gives us all hope us on DLR tryn to apply for ilr.

Can i just ask did you book your PEO 28 days before your visa expire date. On the SET O form i noticed there are so many questions that relate to people on work permit if you have been not working or no income does it affect your spplication.

I am sure you just so happy and now free from h/o issues.
Hi thank you

I booked my PEO last Friday and managed to get the slot for today, you can book 41 days in advance but the day you book has to be within the 28 days of you 2nd DLR expiring.
Yes SET O has 94 pages but I applied using other reasons and skipped half the questions that did not relate to me. I did provide my financial information e.g. Salary etc, not sure about if you are unemployed, however their is a section that asks what public funds you are receiving which is mandatory for all applicants using SET O.
You can use Section 10 10.1 of the DL Policy that clearly states, upon 6 years or 10 years of completing DL, the applicant MUST be granted ILR, unlike FLR DL that states ILR is not a right but at the discretion of the case worker.
Hope this helps

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:56 pm

Hi Dappy

Thank you for a quick response , i was granted my 1st dlr in 2011 outside immigration rules after refusal of asylum and i extended my 2 nd dlr in 2014.

I have been working and i was studying too bt now i managed to get a professional qualification i have been in uk for more than 14 yrs came here as a teenager.

At the moment i just work part time till i get full time job. Do you think i can use PEO and apply for ilr or just wait till 2018 when my biometric card expires.

Any suggestions i am confused.

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:33 pm

africangirl wrote:Hi Dappy

Thank you for a quick response , i was granted my 1st dlr in 2011 outside immigration rules after refusal of asylum and i extended my 2 nd dlr in 2014.

I have been working and i was studying too bt now i managed to get a professional qualification i have been in uk for more than 14 yrs came here as a teenager.

At the moment i just work part time till i get full time job. Do you think i can use PEO and apply for ilr or just wait till 2018 when my biometric card expires.

Any suggestions i am confused.
just like what CROO1 and Obie adviced me, use SET O because it applies to old DLR policy in place at the time..... I am not sure what the PEO situation will be like in 2018 as you still have to complete your 2nd DL. But yes you will be able to use PEO if the rules remain the same in 2018

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:40 am

Thanks , i am going to apply in 2017 reason being thus when my 6yrs will be up , h/o took a year with my application when i applied for my 2 nd DL.

I am sure i am not the only one in the same situation, somebpeople even waited for more than a year.

I hope i am doing the right thing by applying fir ilr as soon its 6 yrs since the day i was given my first dlr.

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:54 pm

africangirl wrote:Thanks , i am going to apply in 2017 reason being thus when my 6yrs will be up , h/o took a year with my application when i applied for my 2 nd DL.

I am sure i am not the only one in the same situation, somebpeople even waited for more than a year.

I hope i am doing the right thing by applying fir ilr as soon its 6 yrs since the day i was given my first dlr.
If you apply 2017 your ILR will be rejected! UKBA clearly states you have to complete x2 3 year DLR before you can apply for ILR, it is best to wait and apply 28 days before your current VISA expires. Be patient and wait

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:57 pm

I am now confused, i was reading on another thread on this forum and some people wer saying your status don't change as long you submit your 2nd DL application on time. So if i use the 6 yr route i am sure counting from feb 2011 to feb 2017 thus 6 years right , i might be wrong but i thot some people have been applying for ilr since h/o took long to process our 2nd dlr application evn tho they wer submitted on time.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:07 pm

Dippy263 is correct. You can apply no earlier than 28 days before the expiry date on your current visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Dippy263

Post by Dippy263 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:57 pm

africangirl wrote:I am now confused, i was reading on another thread on this forum and some people wer saying your status don't change as long you submit your 2nd DL application on time. So if i use the 6 yr route i am sure counting from feb 2011 to feb 2017 thus 6 years right , i might be wrong but i thot some people have been applying for ilr since h/o took long to process our 2nd dlr application evn tho they wer submitted on time.
They do not count the year they took to decide your application. You have to complete the 2nd 3 year DLR.
Thats the price we have to pay for using this route, I know it's frustrating as I've had to wait more than 7 years to get mine.
I saw a girl that had hers rejected just 10mimutes after submitting her paperwork, the sad thing is, they do not refund your £2375 and you loose your money, be patient .

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Dippy263 wrote:
africangirl wrote:I am now confused, i was reading on another thread on this forum and some people wer saying your status don't change as long you submit your 2nd DL application on time. So if i use the 6 yr route i am sure counting from feb 2011 to feb 2017 thus 6 years right , i might be wrong but i thot some people have been applying for ilr since h/o took long to process our 2nd dlr application evn tho they wer submitted on time.
They do not count the year they took to decide your application. You have to complete the 2nd 3 year DLR.
Thats the price we have to pay for using this route, I know it's frustrating as I've had to wait more than 7 years to get mine.
I saw a girl that had hers rejected just 10 mimutes after submitting her paperwork, the sad thing is, they do not refund your £2375 and you loose your money, be patient .
Thank You Dippy263 , i was about to make a mistake and apply for PEO which means i was going to lose my £2375 thus a lot of money.

I wish this message should be made clear to all people on DL who are planning to apply for ILR , I know last year there was more people who received their 2nd DL after waiting for more than a year. I hope they do not apply for ilr using wrong information that it is allowed to apply for ILR as long you have completed 6yrs on DL from the 1st DL including waiting time.

Anyone in the same situation should give their opinions especially those who applied and succeeded on getting ILR.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:24 pm

I phoned the home office last week and I explain the station I wait 14 month applied Jan 2014 and received 2dlr in march 2015 the expired date march 2018 for my 2dlr
my cause back to 2011 refused asylum and granted 3 year DLR
the home office said in the phone 28 days before my 6 year complete and that is jan 2017 and they told me I have to use FLR DL THIS FORM FOR PEOPLE WHO REFUSED ASYLUM AND WE CAN`T USE POE