ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents back from Home office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ksandman321
Newly Registered

Documents back from Home office

Post by ksandman321 » Fri May 22, 2015 9:34 pm

Just curious how long it usually take them to send your documents back? It's been nearly a month and a half now, and I have no birth cert, passport, bmp, id card, marriage license.... just curious how long as I don't want to request to return them and have my application forfeited.

WR1

Re: Documents back from Home office

Post by WR1 » Fri May 22, 2015 9:38 pm

Has your application been decided?

For postal application timeline, there is a sticky of this sub forum labelled:
ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))
Will give you an idea how long postal applications are taking.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

ksandman321
Newly Registered

Post by ksandman321 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:10 pm

I was under the impression they would take the documents and scan them in and send back the originals within 20 business days.

They have sent me two emails about my application being processed, so I assumed it was opened?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:22 pm

ksandman321 wrote:I was under the impression they would take the documents and scan them in and send back the originals within 20 business days.
Where did you hear about this? It is not how HO work, you will get your documents back about the same time as the decision on your application.

Through what route have you applied for ILR??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ksandman321
Newly Registered

Post by ksandman321 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
ksandman321 wrote:I was under the impression they would take the documents and scan them in and send back the originals within 20 business days.
Where did you hear about this? It is not how HO work, you will get your documents back about the same time as the decision on your application.

Through what route have you applied for ILR??

ILR Set(M)

It says in the notes: 'We will return your passport(s) and other documents by Recorded Delivery. If you would like them
to be returned by Special Delivery, you must provide a prepaid Special Delivery envelope which
is large enough.'

I guess I just added that to the return of documents :P Sorry.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:06 pm

You could have used Settlement Checking Service for Set(M)

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ng-service
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.