ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does CCJ affect ILR result?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gilberta817
Newly Registered

Does CCJ affect ILR result?

Post by Gilberta817 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Hello,

I am presently on a Tier2 visa and looking forward for applying for ILR soon. Recently during a credit check i got to know that I had a CCJ against my name.

The CCJ was raised for a payment which was defaulted in 2008. The payment was around 400 pounds. The CCJ was raised in 2010. I did not receive any notice or reminders in 2008 because i was out of country. I was back in UK in 2010 but I did not get to know about CCJ because it was sent to the address i was staying in 2008.

I got to know it only in 2014 because of the credit check. i quickly tracked back the CCJ and have made the payment. i have the county court confirmation certificate that the payment has been made and its settled now.

Please let me know if I should mention about this CCJ in the ILR application form. Also please let me know if the CCJ will impact the ILR decision.

Please provide your inputs urgently as I am planning to apply for ILR soon.

Malik44

Re: Does CCJ affect ILR result?

Post by Malik44 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:23 am

No it won't affect your ILR application if you have Country Court Confirmation certificate that the payment is settled but you must have to declare it and also provide the CC confirmation Certificate along with application and explain the reason in form concisely why the amount settled late.

Gilberta817
Newly Registered

Post by Gilberta817 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:45 pm

Thanks a lot for your response!

Please let me know if I should provide the justification in the space provided in the form or should i give a separate letter from myside along with the application.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:55 am

it's not an exact science but generally no, it doesn't, especially if it's just one and it's paid

and i do not generally advice to write any letters or draw attention, mention it in one phrase, sometihng like "rental car charges dispute from 2008, paid" or whatever it was. it is not a big deal unless you make it a big deal
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

kkbk2007
Newly Registered

Post by kkbk2007 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi Gilberta817

What happened to your application. what was the decsion?. I have same situation with my application have to apply for ILR in a week any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Gulzamankhan
Newly Registered

Post by Gulzamankhan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:24 pm

SHi,
I had a CCJ last year for not paying a fuel card bill. I paid the full amount of bill within one month and got cancellation certificate from court. I have to apply for ILR on work permit base by the end of this month. Should I declare it in the application form or not? There are not entries in the county court register for fines and judgments because entry was cancelled. Any suggestions please.
thanks
Zaman