ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

doucments needed from tier 1 entrepreneur to 10 year ILR ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

myadam
Newly Registered

doucments needed from tier 1 entrepreneur to 10 year ILR ?

Post by myadam » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi ,

straight to my query . I heard that I can Apply for ILR If i have lived in UK for 10 years legally without breaks. Im in in tier 1 entrepreneur visa now, will expire in 8 months, but in 3 months I will be completing my 10 years in UK . so , please telll me what are the things I need to be careful When i Make the Applications for ILR ? I have not invested 50k yet , hardly 20-25k investment is done. I have two full time staff working for me and I ma started taking directors salary too.

Do i need to show my full investment? i will be having 5 months visa remaining when i go for my ILR . And is any other things I need to be aware regarding my current visa to ILR ? What are the documents required. Anyone having experience that homeoffice asked for more documents from Tier 1 to ILR Route ?

PLEASE REPLY FRIENDS.

zimba
Mood:

Re: doucments needed from tier 1 entrepreneur to 10 year ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Yes, you can apply for ILR under 10 year private life route (SET(LR)) without satisfying all the Tier 1E requirements. However you must continue to comply with the conditions of your Tier 1E visa until ILR is granted. Another good thing is that you can apply for SET(LR) at a premium centre for a same day service.

See: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 23292.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Do you have dependents in the UK as Tier 1 Ent dependent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

myadam
Newly Registered

Post by myadam » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:48 pm

@zimba , thanks a lot . All were good information. Very helpful . So I have to prepare as my extension as well .

Yes , applying for dependant too . I think I have apply for dependants only after mine get approved .

Any idea do I need to show any maintamce fund ? If I go for I go premium service , what are the expecting questions any experienced people ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:52 pm

@zimba , thanks a lot . All were good information. Very helpful . So I have to prepare as my extension as well .
No, that is not what zimba said. He said you need to make sure that you have complied with all and any visa conditions you have had. Suggest read form and guidance notes for Set(LR) to understand what is required to be submitted, it is very minimal for ILR based on long residence.
Yes , applying for dependant too . I think I have apply for dependants only after mine get approved .
What are you applying for here? How long have your dependents been in the UK?
Any idea do I need to show any maintamce fund ? If I go for I go premium service , what are the expecting questions any experienced people ?
Maintenance fund for what? ILR long residence does not have a maintenance requirement. Premium service is NOT an interview.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

myadam
Newly Registered

Post by myadam » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Hi CR001 , thanks for quick response .
I thought in premium service they can ask for questions as they give fast decision .

My dependants are here for only 5 monnths now . Happy to know that I don't need any maintenance requirement.
. What kind of checks they do on that day ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:30 pm

You hand in your paperwork and wait. Caseworker does the checks they do (whatever they are) and bases their decision on the documents provided and whether you meet the requirements. A decision on the day is not always guaranteed if caseworker needs to do further checks etc.

If you apply for ILR based on long residence, your dependents will have to switch to FLR(M) and meet ALL the requirements (English and financial). They will not be able to remain on their current dependent visas. FLR(M) costs £811 postal or £1311 in person PLUS £500 immigration health surcharge each.

How many dependents do you have?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

myadam
Newly Registered

Post by myadam » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:36 pm

Thanks for all the valuabale informations .

Hoping for the best . I have wife and one kid . What English test she requires for FLR (m ) ? What's the name of the test ? What's the validity of that ? How about their maintamce requirement ?

myadam
Newly Registered

Post by myadam » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:47 pm

Ok

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:50 pm

If applying before end of April, she needs SELT A1 from one of the HO approved test providers. If she applies on or after 1st May 2017, she needs SELT A2 test from an HO approved test provider. Probably valid for 2 years.

For FLR(M), there is no maintenance requirement. You have to prove you meet the income requirement of £22,400pa (for wife plus child) and have adequate accommodation.

FLR(M) will be a new 5 year route to ILR (2 X 2.5 year visas) and she/you have to meet the requirements at each stage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

myadam
Newly Registered

Post by myadam » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Ok . Thanks again .
I have to prepare accordingly .