ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving offence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

irocky
Newly Registered

Driving offence

Post by irocky » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:34 am

Hello, I am new to this forum, and found it whilst looking for an answer to my question below on google. Hope I will find the right answer here!

I am going to apply for ILR in Dec, and noticed that the applictaion form SET(O) - Section 7 is requring details about traffic offenced and civil judgements.

Last year, I was fined in the magistrates court for driving offence SP50 (speeding on motorway) and was disqualified for 30 days. Now that this is going into the application, I am worried whether this will have any adverse impact on my application.

Can anyone please share experience / knowledge as to how likely they will reject my application of these grounds?

MrNorthStar

Post by MrNorthStar » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:58 pm

Without fail mention all the details.

Take along the respective correspondence of court if you are going in person. Otherwise submit the most appropriate documents along with your application.

Plenty of people have got their visa extensions and ILRs done even though they have declared their offences on the application.

So just be your self, confident and try to be honest in this matter.

And hopefully you would get your ILR.

Let me know if you have any questions. All the best.

irocky
Newly Registered

Post by irocky » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:11 pm

Thanks for your advice MrNorthStar. Initially I thought that no one was taking interest in my matter - so a big thank you for sharing your views and posting a reply!

I agree - I could not take risk of refusal by hiding the conviction in the application. Its good that HO is not so strict and there is still a hope that they would not refuse my application.

Joybv
Newly Registered

Post by Joybv » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:59 am

Hi irocky, did you get your ILR?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:13 am

I believe he would have, because there was no criminality threshold requirement in December 2009.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!