ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving without supervision when will I receive notification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jan77

Driving without supervision when will I receive notification

Post by jan77 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi, was driving without supervision in February 2012, meaning that was driving on provisional driving licence without displaying 'L' PLATE and no experienced driver accompanying me. stopped by Police impounded the car and told that i will get a notification by post.

does anyone knows when DVLA will send notification of the incidence and invitation to court?

is this a serious offence?

what will be the likely fine or points if I plead guilty?

and finally will this affect my ILR or extension applications in August 2012?
The purpose of this world is God

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:05 pm

they have 6 months to take you to the court. you will end up getting 6 points on your provisional with a hefty fine

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:29 pm

I was in similar scenario caught early oct and court summons in early feb. did they not offer FPN? That would have been better. Any conviction from court needs atleast 5 years to be spent. I suggest you get a good lawyer and try not to get this on your record. Worse come scenario you might get slightly more penalty but still have 3 points. Anything from court is serious. They generally tend to ignore FPN. But I had read few months ago somebody getting ILR through PEO even with drink driving. Good luck.

PS you will not get anything from Dvla. It is magistrates court that will summon you. You need to notify Dvla when you get fine.

On a good note even if you did get six points you will not loose your licence. So go ahead and pass your test.

Patagonian

Re: Driving without supervision when will I receive notifica

Post by Patagonian » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:10 am

jan77 wrote:is this a serious offence?
Yes. Driving without a supervisor in the vehicle may also invalidate your insurance policy so you may end up being summonsed for driving without insurance as well

jan77

Post by jan77 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:15 pm

doubletrouble wrote:I was in similar scenario caught early oct and court summons in early feb. did they not offer FPN? That would have been better. Any conviction from court needs atleast 5 years to be spent. I suggest you get a good lawyer and try not to get this on your record. Worse come scenario you might get slightly more penalty but still have 3 points. Anything from court is serious. They generally tend to ignore FPN. But I had read few months ago somebody getting ILR through PEO even with drink driving. Good luck.

PS you will not get anything from Dvla. It is magistrates court that will summon you. You need to notify Dvla when you get fine.

On a good note even if you did get six points you will not loose your licence. So go ahead and pass your test.
thanks,

what is FPN? I had an emergency that was why i went out that day
how can i stop this from going on my name?

sandram45
Newly Registered

Post by sandram45 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:40 pm

I had the same offence. Got a FPN, with 3 points.Paid £60 fine in the police station, and £180 to get the car released from the police compound. This did not effect my application.

jan77 wrote:Hi, was driving without supervision in February 2012, meaning that was driving on provisional driving licence without displaying 'L' PLATE and no experienced driver accompanying me. stopped by Police impounded the car and told that i will get a notification by post.

does anyone knows when DVLA will send notification of the incidence and invitation to court?

is this a serious offence?

what will be the likely fine or points if I plead guilty?

and finally will this affect my ILR or extension applications in August 2012?

jan77

Post by jan77 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:06 am

sandram45 wrote:I had the same offence. Got a FPN, with 3 points.Paid £60 fine in the police station, and £180 to get the car released from the police compound. This did not effect my the likely fine or points if I plead guilty?gust 2012?
[/quote]

Special Thanks for sharing ur personal experience. Thank u all.

MArora9
Newly Registered

Post by MArora9 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi sandram45,

Can you please let me know if you have "Do you or any dependants who are applying with you have any criminal convictions in the
UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgments made against you?" put "YES" while filling the form?

I have exactly same case as you. I was driving FPN for driving on provisional license. I got fine of £60 and 3 Points. My vechile was impounded as police was not able to fine insurance against my car in MID database however they found it later.

Please guide me.

Some of members have adviced to get ACRO (http://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx) and CRB check.

Regards,
MArora9