ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility to settle in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manjeera
Newly Registered

Eligibility to settle in the UK

Post by manjeera » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:11 pm

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the category I can apply the visa in.
My husband has permanant residency in the UK from 21/10/2011 which he got through 5 year work permit route. Not a Tier 1/Tier2 or Tier 5 visa.
we got maried in India on 06/08/2012 and I applied for settlement spouse visa on 28/11/2012 in India and she was granted the visa on
28/02/2013.I came to UK on 08/03/2013.My Visa expires 28/11/2015 and I was planning to apply for an extension using FLR(M) soon.
When I was going through the home office site I came across the section ' Who can apply to settle in the UK' and I noticed that as the partner of a
settled person who has settled on a work visa (type 'any other work visa' and not Tier1/Tier2 or Tier 5 visa) should be able to apply to settle in the UK after
living 2 years in the UK using the form SET(O).
I am confused, since my husband has got his ILR through the work permit route, does it qualify me to apply after 2 years instead of waiting for 5 years.
Id rather apply for the ILR if I qualify instead of applying twice. Does anyone have any knowledge of this rule?
Can anyone help please?

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y

This is the link to site.
the options I have chosen are
1st- you're the family member or partner of someone who has settled in the UK
2nd- on work visa
3rd- any other work visa

Hope this helps
Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligibility to settle in the UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:39 pm

Asking the same question in a new thread won't change the answer.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1238111

You need an extension on FLR(M). You don't qualify for ILR because you need 5 years residence on a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.