ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ENGLISH LANGUAGE: MOST URGENT

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

razi.khan

ENGLISH LANGUAGE: MOST URGENT

Post by razi.khan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:21 am

Please confirm me that It is necessary to provide a letter from university confirming the medium of English? I have already got the UK NARIC Certificate confirming the degree has been taught in English and meet the requirement of C1.
ITS VERY URGENT

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: ENGLISH LANGUAGE: MOST URGENT

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:36 am

No, not if you have both the English Language Assessment and Statement of Comparability from NARIC.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:49 pm

If you have NARIC letter confirming degree was taught in English then you are fine.
You’ll need to prove your degree was both:

1. taught or researched in English
2. confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK

You’ll need to provide your original degree certificate and 1 of the following:

1. a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
2. an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
3. an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (excepting Canada)
The link to above information is:
https://www.gov.uk/english-language

ggk
Newly Registered

Post by ggk » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi ,

My wife's case is bit different..

She have a bachelor’s degree in English . This degree scores 30 points in point based calculator under ‘Qualification’ section, but 0 points under English Skill.

Will she qualify the requirement of English language test if we submit the below?

1. Original degree certificate (DEGREE IN ENGLISH LITERATURE)
2. Print out from point based calculator scoring 30 points under Qualification section,

Please could you confirm this asap as we have are planning for booking an appointment next week.

Amber / Other experienced members plz help...

Thanks in Advance...

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:04 pm

She will require a NARIC statement of comparability I would surmise and a letter/certificate from the institution stating the medium of instruction was English.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:40 pm

Amber_ is correct. Get a statement of compatibility from NARIC and a medium of instruction letter from her university that clearly states her name, degree name and that medium of instruction was in English.

Good luck!!!

ggk
Newly Registered

Post by ggk » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Thanks Amber / Smartkhan..