ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gurmeet Gulati
Newly Registered

English Language requirement

Post by Gurmeet Gulati » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:49 am

I am on Tier 1 and planning to go for ILR. I heard that some rules are changed related to English Language Test after 19th Nov. Can someone please help in clearing following doubts:
1) I already proved my English language while Tier 1 extension through qualification. Do I need to prove it again via NARIC or by taking any test?
2) My wife is having degree in English and it is listed in NARIC site. I noticed that through point based calculator. What are the documents required for my wife to prove English requirement.
3) In ILR form SET(O) - Section 4: sequence is going as follows 4.3 (NARIC), 4.4 (NO), 4.5 (English Language Test). So, even if I am proving language through NARIC, need to give score for English Language Test. Please help what to do in this?
4) What is the change after 19th Nov?

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix

Re: English Language requirement

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:50 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Gurmeet Gulati
Newly Registered

Re: English Language requirement

Post by Gurmeet Gulati » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:19 am

Thanks for the reply Sushdmehta.
Can you please clear point 3 and 4 as well, if I am submitting point-based-system printout and certificate.
In that case what to fill in Section 4 of Set(O).

Also, is there any change proposed related to English Requirement after 19th Nov.

Thanks in advance.