ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test for dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tapas_16880

English test for dependant

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi All,

Quick question.

For ILR application, if my dependant has "degree taught in English" certificate from her educational institution and also has professional diploma degree from UK (She has done CIMA), will she still have to take the English test exam (A1 level listening/speaking?) for ILR application?
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

kevb2014

Re: English test for dependant

Post by kevb2014 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:30 pm

I believe that the UK diploma can be used to satisfy the English language requirement but you can double check it using the PB calculator.

https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... ment.faces

kg_1218

Post by kg_1218 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:05 pm

I'm also in the similar situation and planning to apply ILR with my dependents in few months. I believe main applicant dont need to submit any document for English as it's been already proved in entry level Tier 1 visa. I am not very sure for dependent.

Please could anyone respond for the below clarifications for dependent ILR to prove english language:

- Is it sufficient if the degree listed in point based calculator?
OR
- Do we need to get a letter from the university mentioning that degree was taught in english? If yes, bachelor or master degree?
OR
- Comparable certificate from Naric?

To be honest, home office website not very clear about this.

Thanks

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:58 pm

kg_1218 wrote:I'm also in the similar situation and planning to apply ILR with my dependents in few months. I believe main applicant dont need to submit any document for English as it's been already proved in entry level Tier 1 visa. I am not very sure for dependent.

Please could anyone respond for the below clarifications for dependent ILR to prove english language:

- Is it sufficient if the degree listed in point based calculator?
OR
- Do we need to get a letter from the university mentioning that degree was taught in english? If yes, bachelor or master degree?
OR
- Comparable certificate from Naric?

To be honest, home office website not very clear about this.

Thanks

hi ,
I am facing the same issue.kindly let me know if you come to know any replies
many thanks,
RJ

kg_1218

Post by kg_1218 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi RJ,

Sure. I'll update as soon as I clear with this.

Hope gurus or who already got ILR in the similar situation will respond.