ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exit stamps on passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jojobabyb
Newly Registered

Exit stamps on passport

Post by jojobabyb » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi guys,

I have a question with regards to the exit stamps on my passport. I am about to apply for the 10 year long residence. My application should be straight forward as I have been on student visa for the past 10 years, and no gaps. But the thing is, I go back to Hong Kong every year in the summer but I realise there's no exit stamp from Heathrow airport when I depart London. Neither will I get a stamp in Hong Kong arrival as I use my Hong Kong ID card to enter. I wonder if any others have similar issues with regards to missing exit stamps. I have already sent out the SAR request 2/3 weeks ago but I have read from other websites that SAR may not contain those dates. Anyone has similar issues when applying for PR? Many thanks.

nehalbhagat

Re;-

Post by nehalbhagat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:58 am

I dont think UKBA exit stamp your password when you leave UK.
UKBA only stamp at time of arrival in UK.

I am not sure about HK

xyz123

Re: Exit stamps on passport

Post by xyz123 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:06 am

jojobabyb wrote:Hi guys,

I have a question with regards to the exit stamps on my passport. I am about to apply for the 10 year long residence. My application should be straight forward as I have been on student visa for the past 10 years, and no gaps. But the thing is, I go back to Hong Kong every year in the summer but I realise there's no exit stamp from Heathrow airport when I depart London. Neither will I get a stamp in Hong Kong arrival as I use my Hong Kong ID card to enter. I wonder if any others have similar issues with regards to missing exit stamps. I have already sent out the SAR request 2/3 weeks ago but I have read from other websites that SAR may not contain those dates. Anyone has similar issues when applying for PR? Many thanks.
Can you not get any info from HK authorities re the entry into HK. Surely they will be recording as to which citizens enter the country? If you get that then u can used that as your "Date left UK" and when comign back there should be entry stamps from UKBA for use with "Date arrived back in UK".

josh007
Newly Registered

Post by josh007 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:57 pm

i have got a similar issue.they did not put a arrival stamp coming back from my holiday on 2004.but i have got the both arrival and departure stamp at delhi airport.................is it going to be a problem