ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa to DV - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rshelar
Member of Standing

Fiance visa to DV - ILR

Post by rshelar » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:15 am

Hi all,

I have been on this forum for a while and I have helped and got help from everyone for my visa.
However I want to ask a question now on behalf of my friend. Apologies if I miss any information, I will ask my friend and post again.

My friend came to the UK on a fiance visa and got married in the UK. She applied for a spouse visa, but before the visa came her relationship broke down due to domestic violence. Her partner informed HO and she was not granted spouse visa.

She applied for DV ILR and she has all evidences (refuge, police letter etc) but it was rejected because she wasnt on a spouse visa. I believe she is on DL now and her ILR application is at tribunal stage.

Can someone advise what are the options to go for ILR? What additionally she can provide at the tribunal stage? Do you know of any case where someone got ILR when they were not on spouse visa, like fiance visa?

Regards

vinny

Re: Fiance visa to DV - ILR

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:05 am

Victims of domestic violence wrote:The provision does not apply to:
fiancé(e)s or proposed civil partners
Not hopeful, unless there are insurmountable obstacles to the Appellant returning.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:48 am

Thanks Vinny.

I will read through these in detail and post back...

Aware that Fiance visa doesnt allow a direct route to ILR. But considering she was granted DL there may be hope along with all the DV proof.

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:29 am

Hi Vinny,

I have had the time to go through each of those cases, thank you. My friend is from India, are you aware of similar judgements where the applicant was from India and in UK on a fiancee or marriage visa?

My guess is the argument for persecution back home is stronger in pakistan given new about honour killings, terrorism, sectarian violence etc but home office may not view india in same light.

Also, do you think that given the fact home office granted her DL, means they agree she has been unfairly treated or approval of some sort?

Regards

rshelar
Member of Standing

Post by rshelar » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:21 am

In addition to above, does anyone have recommendations for a solicitor with experience in above matters?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:58 am

rshelar wrote:In addition to above, does anyone have recommendations for a solicitor with experience in above matters?
Members are not permitted to post solicitor companies or names. Any such posts will be removed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.