ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Glasgow ILR set(LR) further check

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alexhui
Newly Registered

Glasgow ILR set(LR) further check

Post by alexhui » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:24 am

Hi All,

I went to Glasgow center to apply for ILR set(LR) on the 6th Oct, I did pay for the premier one day service.

The officer gave me a letter saying he needs to do some further check due to I cant provide any prove of how many days I have been away from the UK in the past 10 year, the stamps on my passport only shows the entries date to the uk but there is no prove what dates I went away from the uk.

Therefore he needs to check with the immigration system to find out the exact date I enter and leave the uk.

Has anybody has this problem before, how long do I have to wait ?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Glasgow ILR set(LR) further check

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:03 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

k7501

Post by k7501 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:01 am

Hello!
CR001 wrote:There is a whole topic on this.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 1-960.html
everyone discusses tax-related delays there - not particularly helpful tbh. One (like the OP and I) can't relate neither to the delay time, nor to any particulars of the extra checks
ALEX HUI
I am in exactly the same boat as you are! Was it a woman considering your application? She said almost exact same thing to me, said I will wait for a week or two. But it's already been 3 weeks and 2 days.. Did she say what kind of checks will she do? Any other questions?

alexhui
Newly Registered

Post by alexhui » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:54 am

was a male officer who handled my case.

I have contacted my local MP and going to have an appointment with him on 19/10.
Hope it helps.

Apply for ILR set(LR) premier one day services at Glasgow
Date of appointment: 6/10/2016
Still waiting for reply.

k7501

Post by k7501 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:15 pm

Seems to be a trend there then (given different CWs), I was expecting to hear a similar story but this is almost identical!

Best of luck. Did you try and convince them otherwise? I was foolish enough to try and point to my trustworthiness but apparently that has nothing to do with their decision process.. or maybe they are instructed to do this whenever their is a benefit of doubt..

midastouch
Newly Registered

Post by midastouch » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi
I am going for my PEO Croydon soon..I've got same question. In my couple of trips, the stamps on my passport only shows the entries date to the uk by the immigration officer but there are no exit stamps from uk,do they actually stamp when you departure from UK? . However, my passport shows both entry/exit stamps by the home country I visited..
Don't know how to sort this out..

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:06 pm

My passport only had UK entry stamps and then entry and exit stamps from other countries. UK doesn't do exit stamps but they should be able to calculate from other country stamps.

I also attached an excel sheet showing all dates, which country visited and total days out of UK over 10 years.

k7501

Post by k7501 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:16 am

That's exactly what peaks my interest - what data are they using for dates over 5-6 years ago (given the data protection act and, if that is to be overlooked, the unmanageably large amount of data if everything was recorded for everyone indefinitely)

Not only is it simply interesting, but it has the dark side of causing us to go through the extra waits which could have been avoided (if they really wanted to, they could find an easy way to record departures), to me it seems the ambiguity of it has a purpose

Anyway, once again - best of luck to everyone in similar position

alecstrachan
Newly Registered

Post by alecstrachan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Is it really useful to contact with local MP?

k7501

Post by k7501 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:05 pm

Some posters stated that it made all the difference for them. In my case there was 0 impact. So it depends upon how busy and how 'big' your MP is.
I am more interested in whether or not it's worth contacting multiple MPs (it's not like they wont help you just because you don't live in their constituency, let alone you don't have to say that you don't) and doing it until you find a helpful one

alexhui
Newly Registered

Post by alexhui » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:07 pm

I am going to see the MP on 19/10, will let you know if it is useful or not.

alexhui
Newly Registered

Post by alexhui » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:39 pm

Got a call from the visa center today.
Basically, they are telling me they have no record of me being in and out the country.

They give me 14 days to provide them the prove.
Now I have to look for the record myself and I have no idea where to start.
try the airline company and they only have 1/2 year record.
I have no email record of my previous tickets.
what can I do ?

k7501

Post by k7501 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Very quick and interesting development.

Wonder what a good strategy here could be.. Maybe give a lawyer a quick call to check what your options will be in case you get a refusal on these grounds? I have a feeling they won't refuse just because of that (or they would have already done so), but if they do - how would this play out in AR, court, etc

PS Bank statements, where you have purchases made in/out of the country on particular dates is what my caseworker suggested would be good

PPS And obviously the best strategy is to provide as much as you can, but what if one can't offer much

alecstrachan
Newly Registered

Post by alecstrachan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:43 pm

alexhui wrote:Got a call from the visa center today.
Basically, they are telling me they have no record of me being in and out the country.

what can I do ?
I am a little bit curious about your application. Have you submitted all the passports or you lost one/few of them? Have you also provided the immigration history by yourself? For example, you left UK for 10 times during 10 years, maybe you can recall 7 times of them by email/tickets and some of them are not sure?

On the application form and guideline stated if you lost your old passport, try your best to recall as many as possible and to provide other documents like police registration letter/bills etc. It is good you get response from them in short period and just give them what they need.

alexhui
Newly Registered

Post by alexhui » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Quick reply to your questions
1) I didn't lost any passport, but the uk immigration only stamp your passport when u enter the country, there is no prove when I exit. My home town, hongkong do not stamp passport either. Therefore they ask for prove of my time spend away from uk.

2) I have not my previous flight ticket or booking record, airline can only provide half year record.

3) I'm now applying for immigration history from hongkong immigration, is going to take 10 working days

4)thanks for the advise, I will try to use my bank statement to prove I was in the country.

I have 14 days, wish me luck

k7501

Post by k7501 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:58 pm

Even if the passport was seized/lost/whatever it should not prevent people from getting the SET(LR) approval IMHO. But in your case, where the home country does not stamp passports, I don't see how you even had a chance, how any HK citizen possibly could. This makes it the unfairest "ultimatum" I've seen so far.

Please keep the updates up, it's very interesting and intense, like a drama show (most UKVI stories are). Best of luck!!!

alecstrachan
Newly Registered

Post by alecstrachan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:20 pm

alexhui wrote:Quick reply to your questions
1) I didn't lost any passport, but the uk immigration only stamp your passport when u enter the country, there is no prove when I exit. My home town, hongkong do not stamp passport either. Therefore they ask for prove of my time spend away from uk.

2) I have not my previous flight ticket or booking record, airline can only provide half year record.

3) I'm now applying for immigration history from hongkong immigration, is going to take 10 working days

4)thanks for the advise, I will try to use my bank statement to prove I was in the country.

I have 14 days, wish me luck
As I know you can contact with SAR department to get immigration history (they keep your 5 years travel history)

E: SubjectAccessRequest@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
W: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

BTW, did you get a call from Glasgow office or somewhere else (eg. Shefiled)

Best of luck!

k7501

Post by k7501 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:51 pm

alecstrachan wrote:
As I know you can contact with SAR department to get immigration history (they keep your 5 years travel history)

They only give you the landing cards they have on their record (which are usually just your first ones for every Entry Clearance). I have done a SAR very recently and I only got 2 of those. Many other posters reported similar outcome :(

alecstrachan
Newly Registered

Post by alecstrachan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:17 pm

k7501 wrote:
alecstrachan wrote:

They only give you the landing cards they have on their record (which are usually just your first ones for every Entry Clearance). I have done a SAR very recently and I only got 2 of those. Many other posters reported similar outcome :(
As far as I know (I have seen someone's history), you need to ask them this specific passenger history (also called API-Advance Passenger Information) and they will give it to you. All the airlines will report your travel details with your passport.

alecstrachan
Newly Registered

Post by alecstrachan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:31 pm

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Alexhui, this just sounds like complete BS and so unfair just because UK don't do exit stamps.

Can you not get your bank statements for that period showing you used ATM or transactions on UK soil?

k7501

Post by k7501 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:25 am

alecstrachan wrote:
As far as I know (I have seen someone's history), you need to ask them this specific passenger history (also called API-Advance Passenger Information) and they will give it to you. All the airlines will report your travel details with your passport.
I belive that indeed is the case, however, to my knowledge, API isn't stored for more than 5 years or so and hasn't even been collected in late 00s. And they made it clear they want proof for the whole 10 years. How does one do that except for providing a few circumstantial evidence pieces I do not understand

yungbuk

Post by yungbuk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:36 am

alexhui wrote:Got a call from the visa center today.

what can I do ?
Hello Alexhui,

I have been reading your post and I think its very unfair on UKVI's part to ask you for a proof knowing that you already gave them your passports and you would have already done everything in your means to calculate the periods of absenteeism.

From what I can think of in case you are unable to find any proof, may be get witness statements from your neighbors who have seen you living at your address as a last resort.
Another thing could be a gym membership if you have one or regular lessons with a gym instructor/something similar. Most gyms have a swipe in record of their members.

I hope you are able to find proofs and if not then this issue is not the main reason for delay in your case which would be extremely unfair.

k7501

Post by k7501 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:51 pm

Did you see your MP in the end or decided it's not worth it?

alexhui
Newly Registered

Post by alexhui » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:31 am

Just some updates and summary for everyone reading my story:

6/10 : Apply for ILR SET(LR) in person at the Glasgow center. Further information is required (please read the first post)
18/10: Received a call from the Glasgow center, there is no record in the immigration system of my travel history. I have to provide the prove myself (e.g previous flight ticket etc.) tbh, who would keep those record for 10 years ? but it is our responsibility to provide the information.
20/10: I have contacted the Hong Kong immigration office, they do have my record  through the application process I am going to get my record on the 27/10.
21/10: Received a letter from Glasgow center further confirm the conversation we had on the phone on the 18/10. I need to provide them the travel history in 14 days started counting from 18/10. (i.e. 1/11)

I hope the story would follow the below ideal situation:

27/10: Get my record from Hong Kong immigration
28/10: DHL it to Glasgow center
Middle November : Receive my passport and ILR.