ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help - Applying for ILR, but lost one of the older passports

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

t_prakash
Newly Registered

Help - Applying for ILR, but lost one of the older passports

Post by t_prakash » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Hello All!

Thanks to the moderators and contributers for keeping this forum alive and of great help to everyone.

I am currently planning to apply for ILR and it would really help me if you can share your thoughts.

I came to UK in 2006 on WP, then switched to HSMP in 2007 and lost the passport in 2008. Got a replacement passport, and a new Tier 1 visa which got extended in 2009 which is valid till 08/Oct/2012 (another month or so).

In 6 years, totally i have been outside the country for 150 days (but never more than 30 days at a stretch). of which i have proof for 120 days in my current passport and the rest is in with the old passport.

I have just now requested SAR and i am wondering should i go with PEO or postal application?

1. Should i go through PEO - Croydon around 3rd or 4th week of sept, (i hope to get the SAR by the time i go)?

2. Or should i apply through post (and send them the SAR when i get it) and hope for the best?

Also could you please let me know if I can add any other document to strengthen my situation?

Your inputs will be extremely helpful to me.

Thanks,
Prakash

t_prakash
Newly Registered

Post by t_prakash » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Any help please?

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:13 am

Hi

You shouldn't have any problems so long as you meet the requirements to claim the 75 points for ILR even if you go in person. However, it is imperrative you take along with you, police reports of your previous missing passport, copies of all visa stamp pages of the old missing passport , your SAR report if you have received it before then and most importantly, a covering letter explaining your situation and supporting documents you have to prove your passport was missing. Also, if you can, try and get an appointment at Croydon as they have more senior case workers there who would attend to you swiftly without asking you to make a post al application or ask you to go away and wait for a phone call from them. Hope this helps. ou all the bst and let us know how you get on. :lol:

t_prakash
Newly Registered

Post by t_prakash » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:18 am

Thanks a lot for your inputs mate, sure I will come back to share west happened...

Regards!

fomsand1 wrote:Hi

You shouldn't have any problems so long as you meet the requirements to claim the 75 points for ILR even if you go in person. However, it is imperrative you take along with you, police reports of your previous missing passport, copies of all visa stamp pages of the old missing passport , your SAR report if you have received it before then and most importantly, a covering letter explaining your situation and supporting documents you have to prove your passport was missing. Also, if you can, try and get an appointment at Croydon as they have more senior case workers there who would attend to you swiftly without asking you to make a post al application or ask you to go away and wait for a phone call from them. Hope this helps. ou all the bst and let us know how you get on. :lol:

frey80

Re: Help - Applying for ILR, but lost one of the older passp

Post by frey80 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:23 am

t_prakash wrote:Hello All!

Thanks to the moderators and contributers for keeping this forum alive and of great help to everyone.

I am currently planning to apply for ILR and it would really help me if you can share your thoughts.

I came to UK in 2006 on WP, then switched to HSMP in 2007 and lost the passport in 2008. Got a replacement passport, and a new Tier 1 visa which got extended in 2009 which is valid till 08/Oct/2012 (another month or so).

In 6 years, totally i have been outside the country for 150 days (but never more than 30 days at a stretch). of which i have proof for 120 days in my current passport and the rest is in with the old passport.

I have just now requested SAR and i am wondering should i go with PEO or postal application?

1. Should i go through PEO - Croydon around 3rd or 4th week of sept, (i hope to get the SAR by the time i go)?

2. Or should i apply through post (and send them the SAR when i get it) and hope for the best?

Also could you please let me know if I can add any other document to strengthen my situation?

Your inputs will be extremely helpful to me.

Thanks,
Prakash
similiar situation with you, went to PEO at croydon, case worker said the documents are fine but they need to go though procedure, so not get approved same day but not asked for submit additional doc either, so still waitting for decision

t_prakash
Newly Registered

Post by t_prakash » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:15 am

@frey80 Thanks for sharing the info but sorry to hear that, hope you get it soon.

So when did you applied in croydon (just to get snow idea on wait time).

Thanks

frey80

Post by frey80 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:55 am

t_prakash wrote:@frey80 Thanks for sharing the info but sorry to hear that, hope you get it soon.

Thanks
in croydon, last week........

manasa
Newly Registered

Post by manasa » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:07 am

Prakash,

what i suggest you is to get a letter from all your previoius employers stating that you have not taken any holidays more than 90 days. If you dont have that letter handy the PEO will deffer your application and will ask you to submit the above said letters from all you previous employers which are covering in your lost passport period

t_prakash
Newly Registered

Post by t_prakash » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Thanks for the info, hope you hear from them soon with some good news.

Thanks,
Prakash
frey80 wrote:
t_prakash wrote:@frey80 Thanks for sharing the info but sorry to hear that, hope you get it soon.

Thanks
in croydon, last week........

t_prakash
Newly Registered

Post by t_prakash » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi Manasa,

Thanks for the tip, i will try and get those letter from the previous employers.

Regards,
Prakash
manasa wrote:Prakash,

what i suggest you is to get a letter from all your previoius employers stating that you have not taken any holidays more than 90 days. If you dont have that letter handy the PEO will deffer your application and will ask you to submit the above said letters from all you previous employers which are covering in your lost passport period