ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help ILR for daughter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

enchantinggarderns
Newly Registered

Help ILR for daughter

Post by enchantinggarderns » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi

I would appreciate some help to decide whether i should apply for ILR for my daughter born in uk along with my application.
Myself and my wife are eligible for ILR (currently my wife and my daughter are tier 1 dependent).I wanted to apply for ILR for just myself and my wife and keep my daughter on tier 1 dependent as I have to travel to india in december.

my question is
is above situation possible and whether my daughter will have any difficulty in coming back to UK from my indian trip as she would be on different passport or would you recommend applying for everyone together though paying extra cost

Subtle

Re: Help ILR for daughter

Post by Subtle » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:39 am

Your daughter will be allowed in the UK as long as she would have a valid T1G dependant visa. You may be asked why she doesnt have ILR while the parents do but I dont think anyone would deny her the entry based on that.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.