ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO announced no T1 Exten after apr 2015 no ILR after ap 2018

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

happy1982

HO announced no T1 Exten after apr 2015 no ILR after ap 2018

Post by happy1982 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:02 am

Dear Members,

I just heared that HOME OFFICE announced no Tier 1 extensions will be processed after 5th april 2015 and No ILR will be granted after 5th of april 2018.
Does any one hear this news?

More Explanation:

It is regret that we must inform all of you that the Home Office have just announced the following: •Tier 1 General visa holders can only apply for Tier 1 General visa extensions up until 6th April 2015 and after this date, no more Tier 1 General visa extensions will be processed. Please note that should you have initially been granted a 2 year visa followed by a 3 year extension, you will only be granted a 2 year extension if you apply up until 6th April 2015. Should you have received an initial Tier 1 General visa of 3 years followed by a 2 year extension, you will be granted a 3 year extension up until 6th April 2015.

•Tier 1 General visas now only have until 6th April 2018 to apply for ILR and if you apply the rule change above, this means that only those Tier 1 General holders that were granted an initial 3 year visa and apply for another visa extension just before 6th April 2015 can make it all the way to April 2018. If you were granted an initial 2 year visa when you first got a Tier 1 General visa, you will only be able to get yourself to April 2017 if you apply for another extension just before 6th April 2015.

•I am sorry to say that should you not be able to secure Indefinite Leave to Remain by April 2018, your only options would be to either return to your home country or switch onto another visa category. The trouble is, the only other visa category you could realistically switch into would be the Tier 2 General visa and your earnings from the employer would need to be higher than £35,000 per annum to qualify for ILR from 2015. Whilst you can put a Tier 1 General visa and a Tier 2 General visa together to make the 5 years for ILR, you could not be self-employed; you cannot operate through your own limited company and need an employer with a Sponsorship License to sponsor your application. You could always try and switch onto a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa with a £200,000 investment but the 5 years for ILR would start all over again (as you cannot combine the time on the Tier 1 General visa with this category).

•There are many clients that have not been able to apply for ILR after 5 years on a Tier 1 General visa FYI due to the following main reasons: 1) Breaking the maximum 180 day a year time outside requirement 2) Receiving a police warning, caution, criminal record or other fine in court such as a County Court Judgement (CCJ) or traffic offences.

bond.boy203

Re: HO announced no T1 Exten after apr 2015 no ILR after ap

Post by bond.boy203 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:19 am

Can you please provide a link where its officially announced by UKBA ?

happy1982

Post by happy1982 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:08 am

My solicitor sent me an email, he didn't supply any link. You may call home office or visit their website.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:27 am

happy1982 wrote:My solicitor sent me an email, he didn't supply any link. You may call home office or visit their website.
You should immediately change your solicitor :)

Official link (it is an intention and not a decision).

Discussionon this forum.

happy1982 wrote: If you were granted an initial 2 year visa when you first got a Tier 1 General visa, you will only be able to get yourself to April 2017 if you apply for another extension just before 6th April 2015.
Incorrect, Many members of this forum got extension for three years even though their initial leave was for 2 years.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:08 pm

Please continue in previous discussion.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.