ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm WP holder and my wife is Tier 1 (General) holder

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ykteh29
Newly Registered

I'm WP holder and my wife is Tier 1 (General) holder

Post by ykteh29 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Hi

Appreciate if I can get some advises on the following:-

- My work permit is expiring this August 2012 and my wife's Tier 1 (General) is expiring April 2012

- She can apply ILR by March 2012, and I'm wondering can I become her dependant and we apply for the PR together?

Many thanks for your precious help

Regards
Keith

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Only if you satisfy 319E. Entry clearance as your wife's dependant is also required.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ykteh29
Newly Registered

Post by ykteh29 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi, thank you for your reply

Sorry for being a pain as I'm not quite understand the meaning of "entry clearance"?

I'm coming from Malaysia and does that mean I need to apply the "entry clearance" from Malaysia before I can apply as my wife's dependant (even I'm a WP holder at the moment)?

Many thanks,

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:18 pm

that's correct - you can't switch in country to Tier1 dependent category.

ykteh29
Newly Registered

Post by ykteh29 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Thank you for your reply

Is there any other route we can follow in order for both of us to get the PR at the same time? rather than me waiting til August for my own application?

Thanks again