ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS Academic OR General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lemony

IELTS Academic OR General

Post by lemony » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 am

Hello friends,
Another question. For dependants is there a rule anywhere that one has to give IELTS general and not Academic? I would like the Academic one as it gives better opportunity in future.
Please advise.
Thanks

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Re: IELTS Academic OR General

Post by smartkhan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:15 am

No such requirement. You can use any of them.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: IELTS Academic OR General

Post by Zee ali » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:43 pm

lemony wrote:Hello friends,
Another question. For dependants is there a rule anywhere that one has to give IELTS general and not Academic? I would like the Academic one as it gives better opportunity in future.
Please advise.
Thanks
HI
Academic ielts use for both type

1 Student visa
2.Other immigration purposes like dependents, tier 1, tier 2, tier 5, ILR, Citizenship

General ielts is only for

1.Other immigration purposes like dependents, tier 1, tier 2, tier 5, ILR, Citizenship

Academic and general ielts speaking and listening r same.

Only difference is reading and writing.

Academic reading and writing r very tough as compared to General Ielts.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided