ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years changes ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mando112

ILR 10 years changes ?

Post by mando112 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi All,

I used to subscribe to UKBA new letter and didn't know they have changed it to UKVI which I again subscribed to all of their news.

I want to know if there has been any significant changes to ILR which can impact me ?

I was on Tier 4 student for 5 years, 2 yearson PS and now on T2 so in 2017 I can apply for ILR.

I meet all the holiday etc requirement when I last read the rules 1 year ago .

Has there been a significant change or there is a plan to have one which will impact me ?

I am expecting my first baby, I remember there was a rule whereby if you had a child you could apply after 7 years, was that if you had the child living with you for 7 years or as long as you were here for 7 years and had a child ?

many thanks

riz1986

Re: ILR 10 years changes ?

Post by riz1986 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:51 pm

well u shld hv read da guidance for long residence first.dey are avaible on UKVI website
so far no major changes for ILR.
7 yr is for child born here n had continuous residence.

mando112

Re: ILR 10 years changes ?

Post by mando112 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:54 pm

Many thanks , is that the baby having 7 years of continues residence ?

I thought the 7 years rule was abolished