ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 YEARS LONG RESIDENCY + OVER 18 YEARS DEPENDENT CHILD

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zaman123
Newly Registered

ILR 10 YEARS LONG RESIDENCY + OVER 18 YEARS DEPENDENT CHILD

Post by Zaman123 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:33 pm

My family (wife and 2 children) came in this country in April 2005 as my dependent (student dependent that time, presently Tire 1 General dependent). My daughter is now over 18 years old. She done her GCSE and A Level with very good grades in this country. She is in her Gap year to go to University.

She is still my dependent, lives with me and I do pay all of her expenses. Presently she is dependent of my Tire 1 General visa. Her dependent visa will expire on September 2015.

I have applied for ILR under long residency 10 years route on 10/09/13, I came in the UK in September 2003, done my Bio-metric.

My questions are:

a. Do my daughter eligible for ILR as my dependent child? Is she eligible to Apply by using SET(F) after getting my ILR and Passport come through?

b.If she can apply for her ILR as dependent child, is she can apply by premier service (same day) by using SET(F)?

c. what will be her status? Where she will go?

I'm confused. It will be a disaster for my family. She could not go to the Uni in this situation after getting A Grads in her A level.

It would be appreciated if any one can kindly advise me and help me in this matter!

Zaman :cry:

vinny

APPLYING AS THE FAMILY MEMBER OF AN ILR (LR 10 Y) IN THE UK

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Zaman123 wrote:Applying as the Family Member of an ILR(10 year LR) migrant in the UK

I came in this country in April 2005 as student dependent of my father (Now dependent of Tire 1 General). I am now 19 years old. I have finished GCSE and A Level with very good grades in this country. I took Gap year this year, may be go to University next year if every thing is ok.

My father pay all of my expenses, Im fully dependent on him. My dependent visa will expire on September 2015.

My father applied for his ILR under long residency 10 years route last month, he came in the UK in September 2003, now dad waiting for his ILR.

My question is:

a. Am I eligible for apply directly ILR as dependent child of my father after my dad's Passport come through with ILR?

I'm confused. It will be a disaster for my life, I will not able to go to University after doing all good result.

It would be appreciated if any one can kindly advise me in this matter!

Miss Maliha
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:31 pm

After husband is granted ILR, wife may apply for FLR(M) and subsequently (immediately) SET(M) under the transitional provisions. After wife has ILR too, then perhaps daughter may apply for SET(F).

However, the rules regarding children over 18 of Long Residence ILR holders are unclear. It may be best if daughter remains in the UK, waits and applies for ILR under Long Residence, no sooner than 28 days prior to the completion of her 10 years in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Zaman123
Newly Registered

Re: ILR 10 YEARS LONG RESIDENCY + OVER 18 YEARS DEPENDENT CH

Post by Zaman123 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:19 am

Now I have my ILR under LR.

My family (wife and 2 children) came in the UK in 23 April 2005 as my dependent (student dependent that time). My daughter is now 19 years 2 months old, she also came in the UK April 2005 (8 years 9 months continuously in this country as my dependent). She has done her GCSE and A Level with very good grades in this country. She is in her Gap year to go to University next year.
• She is still my dependent, lives with me and I do pay all of her bills/expenses.
• She is resitting (one subject) exam for improvement.
Presently she is dependent of my Tire 1 General visa. Her dependent visa will expire on September 2015.
Moved in the UK and visa status:
23/04/2005 to 31/10/2005 Student dependent
14/10/2005 to 31/01/2007 Student Dependent Child
10/01/2007 to 31/12/2007 Student Dependent Child
08/01/2008 to 31/2005/2009 Student Dependent Child
04/06/2009 to 04/06/2011 Tier 1 (PSW) Dependent Child
27/09/2010 to 27/09/2012 Tire 1(PBS –General) Dependent Child
27/09/2012 to 27/09/2015 Tire 1 (PBS-General) Dependent Child
(3 Years 4 Months as Tier 1 dependent child)
I have ILR under Long Residency (10 years route), Received Passport on 28/01/2014
My questions are:
a. Do my daughter qualify for ILR as my dependent child, (don't have independent life)?
b. Which form she will use to Apply SET(F) or SET(O)
c. If she can apply for her ILR as dependent child, is she will able to apply by premier service (same day) by using SET(F) or SET (O)? One of my friend said my daughter need to apply under FLR(M) first then SET(O)!
She is my dependent VISA since 2005 in the UK. I'm confused. It would be appreciated if you kindly advise me in this matter. I'm waiting for your kind reply.
ANY RULE CHANGES FOR DEPENDENT OVER 18 CHILD OR FAMILY MEMBERS??

H_sil26
Newly Registered

Re: ILR 10 YEARS LONG RESIDENCY + OVER 18 YEARS DEPENDENT CH

Post by H_sil26 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:07 am

Hi,
I'm in a similar situation your daughter was in before. Can you tell us if it worked out and did she get the ILR through applying with SET F form?
If you dont mind can you share your success story