ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR advice settlement (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srashid
Newly Registered

ILR advice settlement (M)

Post by srashid » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi everyone

I will be sending my wife’s ILR settlement (M) application next week via special delivery, just waiting on recent bank statements, hope you can help me with a few questions I have

1) We have a child that doesn’t have a passport so I assume I leave out the passport details when asked about the child passport number etc or shall I write N/A?

2) With regards to letters of cohabitation should I put the joint letters together, then group mine and my wife’s separately or should I put them all mixed together but in chronological order? I have provided evidence of cohabitation for every 4 months of residence (3 joint, 3 addresses additional per person, totalling 6 each)

3) Cohabitation - Do you need all the additional sheets or just the front page with the address on it? For example with a gas and electricity bill you have the front sheet with the address and the remaining pages with electricity usage. I have just stapled them all together.

4) Cohabitation – I have grouped my file so I have finance section then cohabitation. For the section in finances you have to provide bank statements, benefits letters etc. Can these be included as evidence of cohabitation? or do you need additional evidence of cohabitation aside from the evidence that has already been given in the financial section

Any other suggestions please let me know

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR advice settlement (M)

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:23 am

Use the settlement checking service if possible.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

srashid
Newly Registered

Post by srashid » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:21 am

I did consider settlement checking Service but i dont think the above questions are worth an additional 100pounds, i would be gratefull if people who have already submitted inform me with what they done in regards to the above questions
Last edited by srashid on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:16 am

If your child isn't applying at the same time, their details just go in 3.9.

A joint letter or a letter each for every 4 months of the last 2 years from a total of at least 3 different sources are required for cohabitation.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

srashid
Newly Registered

Post by srashid » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:22 pm

thanks amber for you advie. as i am applying for settlement M, my spouse is a British citizen and has a british pssport. i am not sure if i need to provide all pages of his passport or just stamped pages. i am sending originas too. Point 1 is from the guidance notes and point 2 from the application itself. Need a second opinion.

1 - Documents provided with the application must be originals. All supporting evidence must be in the form of original documents. In addition you should provide photocopies of each of these documents including any pages of your passport(s) that contain personal details, visas or immigration stamps (foreign or UK). These do not have to be notarised by a solicitor or legal representative.

2- Your partner’s immigration status
Your partner’s current passport or travel document showing that he/she is present and settled in the UK. If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your partner’s current passport or travel document. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:29 pm

Copy every page.