ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Probable Traffic Offence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nagesh123
Newly Registered

ILR and Probable Traffic Offence

Post by nagesh123 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Hi,
I would need advise on Applying for ILR based on probable Traffic Offense
Date Arrival in UK-15-Jul-2009
Current Visa:Tier2 ICT
I have completed 5 years in UK and eligible for ILR.Recently I had small accident in car park and there was no damage to car and hence I have not reported about it.
Later it was tracked by Police and they have taken detail statement and now it would be investigate by them and then we would know decision in couple of months time
I want to know can I apply for ILR and do I need to mention about this issue in ILR form and if I mention will my ILR be accepted or rejected

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR and Probable Traffic Offence

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:08 am

Technically, it doesn't need to be declared on SET(O) unless you're charged. However, if the HO check the PNC and see information to suggest a potential prosecution your application may be put on hold. I'd ask for a SAR to check PNC details first.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

montysingh

Re: ILR and Probable Traffic Offence

Post by montysingh » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:38 pm

nagesh123 wrote:Hi,
I would need advise on Applying for ILR based on probable Traffic Offense
Date Arrival in UK-15-Jul-2009
Current Visa:Tier2 ICT
I have completed 5 years in UK and eligible for ILR.Recently I had small accident in car park and there was no damage to car and hence I have not reported about it.
Later it was tracked by Police and they have taken detail statement and now it would be investigate by them and then we would know decision in couple of months time
I want to know can I apply for ILR and do I need to mention about this issue in ILR form and if I mention will my ILR be accepted or rejected
Hello Nagesh

When you said that there was no damage to the car, so it means you were aware of the collision and probably got out to look for it. But as the other party has reported it to the police and they either got your registration from the supermarket camera or from witness.
In any of the above case you will be charged with AC10 code and prosecuted with up to 7 points on your licence. It takes about 4 weeks to get PNC report and it might also take about 4 weeks for police to process everything and send the summons with the date. So when you say recently, what was the exact date of the police letter you received asking who was driving at the time.