ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application form questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

travelerzee

ILR application form questions

Post by travelerzee » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for ILR (SetM) in October. I applied for my spouse visa on 3rd July 2012 (issued Nov 2012, expires Nov 2014- married to BC).I am hoping to apply for naturalisation immediately after getting my ILR as i have lived in the UK since 2010.

I have a few queries:
- I will be using the form dated June 2014. Is that the most recent one?
- how many payslips should I include (3, 6 or 12 months)?

I have a few questions about the application form and I hope someone can help.
SECTION 2B - YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO YOUR PARTNER
Q 2.5) How long have you been living in a relationship?
Q 2.6) When did you begin living together?
I am not sure how these two questions are different. Can I write the same Month/ Year for this?

Q2.17) What type of ceremony was your wedding/civil partnership?
we got married a registerers office int he UK then after that had a wedding with all our friends and family a few months later, so not sure what to put here

SECTION 6 - BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMITS
Q 2.5) Place of issue
I has my BRP re-issued this year as I officially changed my surname to my husbands. What should I write here? UK perhaps?

Q 8 ) Give details when your fingerprints were taken
there is only a small box to write here. I have had my finger prints taken several times. Should I put down the most recent time my finger prints were taken? or simply list them: Tier1, FLR(M), and re-issuing of BRP

Q 9) Give details where your fingerprints were taken, including the town or city and country
again, there is only a small amount of writing space. I have had my finger prints taken outside and inside the UK for my UK visas.

SECTION 8 - YOUR HOME AND FINANCES
Q8.2) Do you or your partner, or both, pay any rent or mortgage for your home? If so, how much do you pay each month?
Should I put what my contribution is to the mortgage or what we pay jointly?

Q 8.3) Are you working in the UK? If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?
I have recently started a new job (in June) and there have been a few issues with my benefits and tax code. My salary for the past two months have not been consistent, but will hopefully be moving forward. Should I put what I have actually earned over the past year and divide it by 12 or put down my most recent salary or the contracted annual salary for my current role divided by 12?

SECTION 9 - PERSONAL HISTORY
9.11. How long have you lived in the UK?
I came the UK in August 2010, but worked on cruise ship out of Southampton between September 2010 and March 2011. I came back into port every 7-10 days. so would I put my initially arrival date (2010) or when I officially started a life and lived here (2011)?

Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time
Do you think I should write the details of when I worked on the ship here? 25/09/2010- 03/03/2011. it is just less than 6months, but note sure if I should disclose it?

thanking you in advance! :mrgreen:

travelerzee

Re: ILR application form questions

Post by travelerzee » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:55 pm

anyone?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 pm

travelerzee wrote:Hi,

I will be applying for ILR (SetM) in October. I applied for my spouse visa on 3rd July 2012 (issued Nov 2012, expires Nov 2014- married to BC).I am hoping to apply for naturalisation immediately after getting my ILR as i have lived in the UK since 2010.

I have a few queries:

NO the current version is 08/2014, check of the Gov website before applying.

- how many payslips should I include (3, 6 or 12 months)?

3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements.

I have a few questions about the application form and I hope someone can help.
SECTION 2B - YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO YOUR PARTNER
Q 2.5) How long have you been living in a relationship?
Q 2.6) When did you begin living together?
I am not sure how these two questions are different. Can I write the same Month/ Year for this?

They can be the same.

Q2.17) What type of ceremony was your wedding/civil partnership?
we got married a registerers office int he UK then after that had a wedding with all our friends and family a few months later, so not sure what to put here

Civil marriage.

SECTION 6 - BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMITS
Q 2.5) Place of issue
I has my BRP re-issued this year as I officially changed my surname to my husbands. What should I write here? UK perhaps?

Wherever it was i.e Leeds Post Office.

Q 8 ) Give details when your fingerprints were taken
there is only a small box to write here. I have had my finger prints taken several times. Should I put down the most recent time my finger prints were taken? or simply list them: Tier1, FLR(M), and re-issuing of BRP

Q 9) Give details where your fingerprints were taken, including the town or city and country
again, there is only a small amount of writing space. I have had my finger prints taken outside and inside the UK for my UK visas.

Just write where.

SECTION 8 - YOUR HOME AND FINANCES
Q8.2) Do you or your partner, or both, pay any rent or mortgage for your home? If so, how much do you pay each month?
Should I put what my contribution is to the mortgage or what we pay jointly?

Your joint liability.

Q 8.3) Are you working in the UK? If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?
I have recently started a new job (in June) and there have been a few issues with my benefits and tax code. My salary for the past two months have not been consistent, but will hopefully be moving forward. Should I put what I have actually earned over the past year and divide it by 12 or put down my most recent salary or the contracted annual salary for my current role divided by 12?

Based on current salary.

SECTION 9 - PERSONAL HISTORY
9.11. How long have you lived in the UK?
I came the UK in August 2010, but worked on cruise ship out of Southampton between September 2010 and March 2011. I came back into port every 7-10 days. so would I put my initially arrival date (2010) or when I officially started a life and lived here (2011)?

Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time
Do you think I should write the details of when I worked on the ship here? 25/09/2010- 03/03/2011. it is just less than 6months, but note sure if I should disclose it?

Those in excess of 6 months for 3010.

thanking you in advance! :mrgreen:
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

travelerzee

Post by travelerzee » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:31 pm

thanks for your reply Amber.

NO the current version is 08/2014, check of the Gov website before applying.
i have found the application on this link https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm

it says " This form is valid only for applications made on or after 2 June 2014". the info at the bottom of the page is "SET(M) Application form (Version 06/2014)". Is this not the correct form?

i also went to .gov site and when i select the setM application, it opens up a page saying the link in incorrect...

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Sorry, my mistake, the latest version is https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _06-14.pdf
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.