ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Process - Need Help!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

ILR Application Process - Need Help!

Post by mobeenkhan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi All,

I am looking to apply for ILR for myself and my wife (as a dependent) this Oct 2014. I am failing to understand a few things and I was hoping if someone could help me out with it. Here are a few of my queries,

1) I am currently on a Tier 1 (General) visa, and this coming Oct 5th I'll be completing my 5 years and hence eligible for ILR. I am not sure if I' require Set (O) form or some other? Also, do I have to use the same form to apply for my wife as a dependent too.

2) I was of the view that as of 1st Dec 2013, the main applicant is required to show Maintenance, enough to support himself and any of his/her dependents, but after going through different forums, seems like it's not the case. Can anyone please let me know if maintenance is required and if yes, how much maintenance will I have to show to support myself and my wife. Currently, for almost a year, I have a savings of a little over £3000.

3) Thought of doing an early booking for a Premium Service, when I went to the end of the booking, I was alarmed to see that in order to book an appointment, I need to pay in full right now (i.e., £2986) where as I was of the view that in order to book the appointment, I have to pay £800 (£400 for each applicant) and the remaining payment will be taken on the day of the appointment, but that is not the case? Has the rules changed recently for this that I wasn't aware of?

Well at the moment, I only have these questions? I hope someone will help be with these? Looking forward to your replies, Thanks in advance for going through my questions. and I am sorry if I am asking some real silly questions here, I'm just a layman in all this and find all this home office stuff kind of hard to sink ... lol !!!
We might be MASTER of our own "THOUGHTS" yet SLAVES to our own "EMOTIONS"

SSA_18

Re: ILR Application Process - Need Help!

Post by SSA_18 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi,

1) Set (O) form. Yes - you and dependent need to fill the same form.
2) No maintenance requirement - but better to have some bank balance. £3k is plenty I think.
3) Yes, you are now charged the entire application fee (£2986 for applicant + 1 dependant) while booking the PEO appointment.

All the best!!

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Thanks for the help SSA_18 ... This clears out all of the confusion ... Just one more little thing, do I need only one SET(O) form for both of us or seperate forms for each applicant?

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:42 pm

Only one form is good enough for both. They ask all the details for you & your partner in the same form.

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick reply Macro_Run
I think that's all for now ... I might keep requesting you all for help ...

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:46 pm

Thank you all for all the help uptil now, I hope you all will not put off from all my questioning ... I am just trying to make my application as simple and straight forward as possible to get through lol !!!

So now, I've come to another question, my wife doesn't work and hence she doesn't have any P60, Payslips etc to prove her address and I've been told that I need to provide a certain number (I've heard 6) of documents as proof that she lives with me. Currently the following documents have her name in them with address,

Council Tax Bill (in both our names)
Water Bill (in both our names)
DVLA - Provisional License
Bank Statement
NHS letters

I am falling short by 1 if 6 are required, can you please confirm the exact number of documents required to prove her address and also if you could also list what other documents I could get hold of to prove that she lives with me.

Thank you all once again for the help

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:59 pm

Have you got an electoral card!

prvnrk

Post by prvnrk » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:32 pm

what about -
gas bills
electricity bills
UKBA previous correspondences (not sure if these work)
personal / joint bank account statements

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Macro_Run, I have applied for Electoral Register for her but I haven't received any confirmation. If I call them, is it possible, that they will send me some written confirmation stating who is listed on Electoral Roll at my address.

prvnrk, Unfortunately I accidently put my name on Electricity/Gas Bill and later when asked, they responded stating that only one person can be named on that so can't have her name on it. We do not have a joint bank account right now, both have individual bank accounts. Do you reckon if I open a Joint Bank account right now, we will be able to use that as proof of her address?
I am not sure about Previous UKBA correspondence as that was all in my previous address and about a year back I changed my address so that would not work ...

Anything else I could provide?!?

Regards

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi All,

Need help with this,

1) I just found a couple of letters in my wife's name from the Home Office, these date back to 2012 and refer to her Visa Application (Biometric Enrollment + Visa Application Success). These letters were addressed to our old property, as last year we moved to a new property.

2) Today received a letter from Electoral Office, which states my wife's name on top and informs that she has been added to the Electoral Role.

My question is, Can I use both the above mentioned letters as proof of her ILR Cohabitation Requirement?

Thanks once again for all the help and support ...

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:15 pm

Any help please !!! :(

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:09 pm

Hello Everyone,

I really need you advice, and quick too. Please do help. Well at the moment, I have more than £3000 in my savings account, which is separate to my account where I receive my salary (i.e., the current account). I will be applying for my ILR mid Oct (i.e., Next Month) and the current situation of my account where I receive my Salary every month is, that it is, constantly in Overdraft (something around £2000 overdraft).

I know it's a bit late, but someone told me that it might cause a problem. Wanted to confirm if this can in any way affect their judgement? I always thought that the current account statement is only used to show that I've been paid the salary I've mentioned in my application (counter checking with the payslips attached) and proving that I am working in the UK. Can you please advice on this?

And if it does affect in any way, what if I somehow gather the funds and finish my overdraft right now? Would that be alright?

Please do help? I'll be awaiting your humble replies, Thanks again for reading

Regards