ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tshukla
Newly Registered

ILR application queries

Post by tshukla » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:01 am

Hi,

I came to UK on May 9, 2010 on Tier 2 (Intra Company transfer). On October 3, 2011, I got my Tier 1 (general) visa. On October 3, 2016, I will be completing 5 years on Tier 1 (general) visa and am applying for ILR.

1) In the form, it asks for the date of entry in UK and the absences then on. Do I have to furnish all the absences from the date of entry? Also, do I have to provide evidence of absences between May 9, 2010 and October 3, 2011?

2) In the final checks, one of the checks says:
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. - Which documents should I show for this? Will the visa stamped on Passport suffice it?

Finally, while switching the jobs, there was a period of 2 months when I was in India visiting my family.
3) What reason do I mention for that absence and would a mention of it in the cover letter help as an evidence?

Please help me with the answers asap so that I can arrange the documents accordingly. Any help would be highly appreciated!
Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: ILR application queries

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:03 pm

1) Yes. All absences during you ILR qualifying residence period should be listed.
2) Yes.
3) If it was to visit family, then that would be the reason. If you believe there's a need for cover letter you can include one, but that's a personal choice.

tshukla
Newly Registered

Post by tshukla » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:57 pm

Thanks for your quick response! One last thing:
I have letter from my previous employer for all the absences I had while I was in that company (though it is dated a year back when I was leaving that company. Hope that is okay!).

However, I doubt the employer previous to that would help me with a letter.
Is it okay to furnish a letter from my end for those absences instead of letter from the employer?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:41 pm

tshukla wrote:I came to UK on May 9, 2010 on Tier 2 (Intra Company transfer). On October 3, 2011, I got my Tier 1 (general) visa. On October 3, 2016, I will be completing 5 years on Tier 1 (general) visa and am applying for ILR.

1) In the form, it asks for the date of entry in UK and the absences then on. Do I have to furnish all the absences from the date of entry? Also, do I have to provide evidence of absences between May 9, 2010 and October 3, 2011?
A correction to my previous response.
As your 5 year residence for ILR only consists of the time while you were a T1G migrant, you don't need to list previous absences. Count 5 years back from your ILR application date to figure out when that period begins.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:09 pm

just to add one more point
tshukla wrote:
2) In the final checks, one of the checks says:
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. - Which documents should I show for this? Will the visa stamped on Passport suffice it?
if you are talking about 12L Tier 1 (General) migrant of the application form, then its not required for you as you are completing 5 years on T1G. its when the 5 year is the combination or T1G+few selected other category. (However, may be nothing wrong even if you provide/mention, but its not required).

If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing five years’ continuous stay in the
UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 12A

tshukla
Newly Registered

Post by tshukla » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:52 am

Thanks a lot guys for your quick response!