ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Apply after Prolonged leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TAJASHWIN
Newly Registered

ILR Apply after Prolonged leave

Post by TAJASHWIN » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:44 pm

Hi all/modertors,

I have been in UK for 5 years from Jna 2010 till Jan 2015. In each year thru 2010 to 2015 I took a month leve to visit India. In Jan 2015 I became applicable for ILR (atleast that is what I am assuming). I then had to travel to India for 4 months from Feb 2015 to June 2015. I am currently in India and will travel in June end back to UK. My current FLR is valid upto July 2017.

Given that I am in my FLR now, but have been out of UK for 4 months, do you think i will face any problems when entering UK or for applying for ILR. Your advice would be of the greatest use.

Thanks n Regards
Ashwin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Apply after Prolonged leave

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:39 pm

What is your full visa history from 2010 to now (including visa start and expiry dates)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TAJASHWIN
Newly Registered

Post by TAJASHWIN » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:44 am

Hi

Sory for the delayed reponse, I have internet issues,

I got my tier 1 visa in June 2009, Entered the UK Jan 2010. Applied for my FLR 2.5 years later. And then applied for one more FLR (since I cam 6 months late into the country). So my current FLR is valid till mind of 2017. Having completed 5 years in UK, I was eligible for my ILR in Jan 2015. But then I took a 4 month leave on a travel to India.

Kindly advise if I will face a problem during entry to UK or for my ILR application.

Thanks and Best Regards
Ashwin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:19 pm

When you say 'FLR', do you mean a spouse visa?
What is your partners status in the UK?
What date exactly were you granted FLR visa?
Were you a Tier 1G dependent or a Tier 1G main applicant?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TAJASHWIN
Newly Registered

Post by TAJASHWIN » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi

.I am single - I dont have a spouse or partner. FLR stands for further leave to remaun, I was granted my second FLR on 05-JUne-2014.
I am the Tier 1 main application.

Thanks n Regards
Ashwin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:57 pm

So are you still on a Tier 1 General visa?

FLR is either a spouse visa (FLR-M) or an application outside the immigration rules (FLR-FP). If you are still a Tier 1 G migrant, what you applied for was a Tier 1 G extension leave to remain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

TAJASHWIN
Newly Registered

Post by TAJASHWIN » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:41 am

Hi sir, while I have been getting responses, it has not be very fruitful. I will state my case very clearly here. I applied for my UK Tier 1 (General) Migrant visa in April 2009 and got it in June 2009 for a period of 3 years till June 2012.

I entered UK in Jan 2010 and then after 2.5 years applied for my Tier 1 (General) Visa EXtension for another 2 years in June 2012. This was previously known as HSMP Visa. I then applied for a 3rd extension in June 2014 which was granted as well.

Coming to the problem, I became eligible for the UK ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) or Permanent Residence in Jan 2015. But instead of submitting my forms, I have taken a 5 month leave and come to India from Feb 27 2015 till July 27 2015.

My question is

1. whether this will stop me from entering the country
2. whether this holiday hurt my Permanent Residence Application.

KIndly help.

Thanks
Ashwin