ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR apply date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ubuntu fan
Newly Registered

ILR apply date

Post by ubuntu fan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi

Could the members of this board please help me with my situation to determine my ILR apply date?

My details are:
Visa category: Tier 1 (General)
Visa start date: 10 May 2010
Entered UK on: 20 May 2010
Started work on: 26 May 2010
Received my first paycheck: 12 July 2010

I joined a small umbrella company as full-time employee on 26 May 2010 (this is my official start date with this company). This company ran my payroll. I received my first paycheck late (on 12 July 2010) because the umbrella company was waiting to get payment from the client. So I was without pay from 26 May 2010 - 12 July 2010 even though I was technically employed. I received two salary deposits in July: one for May and the other for June. After that my salary was paid regularly every month.

Now my question is, am I eligible to apply for ILR from:
a. 28 days before 10 May 2015 - since that is the start of my continuous period
or
b. 28 days before 12 July 2015 - since I was continuously employed starting from this date

regards.

tier1o

Re: ILR apply date

Post by tier1o » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Your 5 years are completed on 10th May 2015, so 28 days prior to this date.

Whether you are paid or not for some months during your employment are irrelevant as long as you get enough points on PBS calculator.

ubuntu fan
Newly Registered

Re: ILR apply date

Post by ubuntu fan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:44 am

tier1o wrote:Your 5 years are completed on 10th May 2015, so 28 days prior to this date.

Whether you are paid or not for some months during your employment are irrelevant as long as you get enough points on PBS calculator.
Thanks tier1o.

Claiming points on PBS just indicates that one is eligible based on points but that does not necessarily prove continuity.

Am I correct in my understanding that once you are in the UK the continuity is not broken because one receives delayed paychecks or has periods of unemployment?