ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approval letter- what does it say?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Metta5

ILR Approval letter- what does it say?

Post by Metta5 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:07 am

Hello,

In our case yesterday the case worker said the ILR is approved and we signed papers that said approved and had our name etc. The case worker gave a copy to us and when we checked it after leaving the PEO it only has the standard information and says that the BRP will be sent separately.
Does the letter you get at the PEO says 'approved' anywhere or just the standard information? Could not get to read the letter we got there in the excitement! Also having signed the papers thought the copies will be enclosed.

Do I just wait for the BRP now or try to clarify? Can someone share what sort of wording is on the ILR approval letter that you get at the PEO?

Thank you

KASHIF830

Re: ILR Approval letter- what does it say?

Post by KASHIF830 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:02 am

Hello mate

Just chill when they have kept your previous BRP card and letter is saying you will get your BRP card 7 to 10 days means celebrate have nice dinner go out with family get your wife for shopping as I did. Lol

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

Metta5

Post by Metta5 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:11 am

Wonderful! Thank you Kashif.
I spoke to the immigration helpline and they said the same thing (not the shopping :-) ) that now a days what I got is a standard 'approval' letter and it says BRP will be posted in a few days time.

Thank you

venkatasureshs

Post by venkatasureshs » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:37 pm

Yes, Thats right.
But you can see in page 2 or 3 saying that Your application for ILR is approved and you will receive BRP card.
All the best.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:32 pm

On page 2 it should say ILR is approved which is a standard letter given to everyone (who has their application approved).

My other half had her ILR granted last week Tuesday at PEO same day and BRP card received on Thursday, only a couple of days after so hopefully you should get yours this week (even tomorrow possibly).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Metta5

Post by Metta5 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:22 am

Thank you all. BRP cards received on Wednesday (1 day after the PEO appointment). All well!

Best Wishes

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Metta5 wrote:Thank you all. BRP cards received on Wednesday (1 day after the PEO appointment). All well!

Best Wishes

You got BRP on Wednesday and you are updating today means you must be busing in shopping :D

Thanks
Kashif