ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR at Liverpool PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sankat
Newly Registered

ILR at Liverpool PEO

Post by sankat » Thu May 26, 2011 6:08 am

Having benefited from the collective wisdom of these excellent fora, I thought I will share the experience of my ILR application at Liverpool PEO.

I had applied under the 5 year short stay category (WP+WP+Tier1 gen) for myself and three dependents including wife and two children. My youngest was born here earlier this year and had no visa on his passport.

My appt was at 9.00 AM. The PEO is located in the heart of the city, close to the pier. There is a NCP car park right behind the office. The Moorfields station is also close by. The car park is very dear (14 pounds for anything more than 4 hours), but the thought of what I was going to shell out later made it seem like pittance.

There was queue outside the building from 8.00 AM. The doors were opened at 8.30 AM. After a security check, we were allowed inside a room on the ground floor with 4 counters. Here the preliminary checks were carried out - these mainly included checking if I had the right application form, passed the KOL test, wasn't a criminal of any sort and had the right photographs. Then I was sent upstairs with a token number and was asked to go straight to the cashier. I was upstairs by 8.45 AM, but had to wait for the cashier counter to open until 9.00, by which time a sizable queue had built up. There are two cashier counters. I was second in line. So finshed paying by 9.05. But then the computers started acting up, and was made to wait another 10 mins to get my reciept printed. My number was called at 9.25 for the interview. I was asked for the following documents:
1. Passports (of course)
2. KOL certificates for me and my wife
3. Photographs
4. Marriage certificate
5. Birth certificate for my UK born child
6. Payslips for 1 year
7. Bank statements for 1 year
8. Employer letter - I did not have this as I was applying under tier 1 and thought I did not need it. I gave her my contract letter instead.

I asked the case worker if they needed docs for cohabitation proof. I was told they were not necessary as my wife has been my dependent all along. (Just for the record I had with me - our joint account statements, my wife's payslips, letters from her GP, her employment letters, her paper driving license). I was then asked to wait in the general waiting area until she made the checks. I was called back after an hour and was told everything was fine and that I could collect my passports from the room downstairs where the prelim checks were made after about 40 mins.
The passports with the visas were ready within 10 mins though, and I was out by 11.00 AM.

There were two things I was constantly debating before going for the appt. -1. should I take all the dependents with me - I went alone in the end and it was fine. 2 - I know this sounds silly - should I print a double sided copy of the application form - again I didn't - it does not matter I suppose.

Well, I hope this will helpful to at least some prospective applicants. All the best

boxing_boy
BANNED

Post by boxing_boy » Thu May 26, 2011 6:46 am

Many many congratulations to you sankat & your family.

bhossan100

Re: ILR at Liverpool PEO

Post by bhossan100 » Thu May 26, 2011 8:21 am

Hi Sankat
Coudl you please clarify what you mean by 5 year short stay? Were you short of completing 5 years continuous residence or you mean 5 years temporary stay.
Rgds
Bhossan

newc

Post by newc » Thu May 26, 2011 8:26 am

sankat wrote:Having benefited from the collective wisdom of these excellent fora, I thought I will share the experience of my ILR application at Liverpool PEO.

I had applied under the 5 year short stay category (WP+WP+Tier1 gen) for myself and three dependents including wife and two children. My youngest was born here earlier this year and had no visa on his passport.

My appt was at 9.00 AM. The PEO is located in the heart of the city, close to the pier. There is a NCP car park right behind the office. The Moorfields station is also close by. The car park is very dear (14 pounds for anything more than 4 hours), but the thought of what I was going to shell out later made it seem like pittance.

There was queue outside the building from 8.00 AM. The doors were opened at 8.30 AM. After a security check, we were allowed inside a room on the ground floor with 4 counters. Here the preliminary checks were carried out - these mainly included checking if I had the right application form, passed the KOL test, wasn't a criminal of any sort and had the right photographs. Then I was sent upstairs with a token number and was asked to go straight to the cashier. I was upstairs by 8.45 AM, but had to wait for the cashier counter to open until 9.00, by which time a sizable queue had built up. There are two cashier counters. I was second in line. So finshed paying by 9.05. But then the computers started acting up, and was made to wait another 10 mins to get my reciept printed. My number was called at 9.25 for the interview. I was asked for the following documents:
1. Passports (of course)
3. Photographs
4. Marriage certificate
6. Payslips for 1 year
8. Employer letter - I did not have this as I was applying under tier 1 and thought I did not need it. I gave her my contract letter instead.

I asked the case worker if they needed docs for cohabitation proof. I was told they were not necessary as my wife has been my dependent all along. (Just for the record I had with me - our joint account statements, my wife's payslips, letters from her GP, her employment letters, her paper driving license). I was then asked to wait in the general waiting area until she made the checks. I was called back after an hour and was told everything was fine and that I could collect my passports from the room downstairs where the prelim checks were made after about 40 mins.
The passports with the visas were ready within 10 mins though, and I was out by 11.00 AM.

There were two things I was constantly debating before going for the appt. -1. should I take all the dependents with me - I went alone in the end and it was fine. 2 - I know this sounds silly - should I print a double sided copy of the application form - again I didn't - it does not matter I suppose.

Well, I hope this will helpful to at least some prospective applicants. All the best
Hi sankat, congratulations!!

Could you please tell if you PUT NA or N/A or a cross (diagonally) with NA for the points which are not applicable to you? I sounds bit silly but just want to confirm.... ? Would appreciate your response.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:07 am

newc you don't need to put anything. just leave them blank

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Thu May 26, 2011 9:31 am

sankat wrote:Having benefited from the collective wisdom of these excellent fora, I thought I will share the experience of my ILR application at Liverpool PEO.

1. Passports (of course)
3. Photographs
4. Marriage certificate
6. Payslips for 1 year

Congrates. Are you contractor (daily paid?) or Self employed or Perm?

Thnx
"Freedom is your very nature. Only with freedom, do joy, generosity and other human values blossom. Without freedom, attitudes become stifling, concepts become a burden, information has no value and imagination becomes stagnant."

newc

Post by newc » Thu May 26, 2011 11:06 am

vipul1981 wrote:newc you don't need to put anything. just leave them blank
Thanks for your response.

sankat
Newly Registered

Post by sankat » Thu May 26, 2011 4:25 pm

bhossan100 wrote:Hi Sankat
Coudl you please clarify what you mean by 5 year short stay? Were you short of completing 5 years continuous residence or you mean 5 years temporary stay.
Rgds
Bhossan
It is 5 years continuous residence.

sankat
Newly Registered

Post by sankat » Thu May 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Congrates. Are you contractor (daily paid?) or Self employed or Perm?

I am in a permanent salaried job