ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Belfast

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Katy22
Newly Registered

ILR Belfast

Post by Katy22 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:23 am

After months of research (including reading about other members experiences on this board) I applied for ILR for myself and one dependant child at Belfast PEO. My appointment was at 9.55 and by 11.45 I was finished.

I am self employed and included the following documents:

Passports
Old BRPs
Bank statements showing earnings
Original invoices generated
Accountants letter (IFA certified)
Invoice explanations
Summary of accounts for the period
Letters from employer/contractor (as was paid through them) confirming dates of invoices with invoice numbers and amount as well as stating how long I have been with them
Print out of email confirmation from HRMC confirming tax paid (this was for only this year 2013/2014)
Life in the UK pass certificate
Absence explanatory spreadsheet (had lots of absences but none exceeded 180days in a year)

*original degree certificate from UK
*cash ISA savings

The last two are not mandatory for ILR but included just in case. I also had tax payment history for last five years but wasn't asked for these. If you are applying for dependant child and your spouse is not yet eligible for settlement ensure that:
The first dependant application made for that child born outside the uk must be before 9 July 2012 and
You include proof that your spouse or child's other parent is present legally in the UK eg BRP

Overall experience was very good. Belfast PEO highly recommended and not because my application was successful! They are genuinely nice and go out of their way to be helpful. Everyone left with a smile on their face. It didn't feel like a UKBA PEO more like a bank or office.

Goodluck to everyone and let me know if you have any questions.

alexUKUK
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Belfast

Post by alexUKUK » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:51 am

Hey Katy,
Congrats on your recent application!
I'm also self employed and wondering what paperwork you supplied in regards to your absences. Any letters (e.g. from your clients)? What type of explanations did you put in your table to prove that the trips were for business?
Thanks!
Alex

Katy22
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Belfast

Post by Katy22 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:54 pm

alexUKUK wrote:Hey Katy,
Congrats on your recent application!
I'm also self employed and wondering what paperwork you supplied in regards to your absences. Any letters (e.g. from your clients)? What type of explanations did you put in your table to prove that the trips were for business?
Thanks!
Alex
Sorry just seeing your message. I just wrote one line explanations like 'holiday with family'. I didn't supply any evidence either and from my experience if your absences don't exceed the 180 days in a year, they don't require evidence especially when you are self employed and there is sufficient evidence to prove your business is genuine. Goodluck with your application.