ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR BRP recieved but validity date ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iqkhanuk

ILR BRP recieved but validity date ?

Post by iqkhanuk » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi All

This morning I have recieved the BRP for ILR.

It states ILR but in validity it has Dec 2024.

It is settlement which is indefinite leave to remain. So there should not be any validity on it.

Can anyone guide pls.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR BRP recieved but validity date ?

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:23 pm

It is the BRP card that expires and has to be renewed, just like your drivers license if you have one or your bank card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:09 pm

Yes it expires soon after you have received your citizenship papers after the due time of this grant.It's not like dl or bank cards.The validity date could be your passport validity...I think so..
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:16 pm

Nothing to do with the passport expiry date.

The HO official statement:
"The 31 December 2024 validity date is due to a requirement by the EU to restrict BRPs which do not incorporate the next generation of encryption technology.

As the UK intends to introduce the new technology during 2016 the date restriction affects only BRPs issued to adults with settled status (ILR/NTL).

Any BRP rightfully held on 01 July 2024 that is restricted will be replaced free of charge, with the balance of the 10 year period initially expected being issued on a new BRP.

This means that anyone who has paid a fee in expectation of receiving ten year evidence of settled status will still do so, but it will be spread over two BRPs.

The date restriction does not change the entitlements of the rightful holder to work, access services/benefits or travel. The rightful holder still has settled status.
"
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.