ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Continuation during absences from the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

subg
Newly Registered

ILR - Continuation during absences from the UK

Post by subg » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi,
I came to UK on July-2008 on Work Permit, but went back to India on Oct-2010 and came back to UK on Feb-2011 on new Tier 2 ICT (Established Staff) VISA and staying in UK continuously there after. I've gone through UKBA PDF document which explain the lawful leave which continues whilst absent from the UK. But I'm not quiet sure if my case will be considered as continuous period or continuous period is broken.

Please find below the details with exact dates on my VISA issues, expiry & travel dates.

17-Jun-2008 - VISA (Work Permit) Start Date

6-Jul-2008 - Came to UK on new VISA (Work Permit)

14-Oct-2010 - Gone back to India

18-Dec-2010 - CoS End Date

01-Jan-2011 - Residence Permit Valid

25-Jan-2011 - Date of new VISA Application in India

19-Jan-2011 - New CoS Issue Date

28-Jan-2011 - New CoS Start Date

02-Feb-2011 - New VISA Start Date - Tier 2 ICT Established Staff

15-Feb-2011 - Came back to UK

In between away from UK on annual leave-

19-Apr-2012 - 15-May-2012
and
5-Dec-2013 - 30-Dec-2013

I'll be thankful if you please confirm if my case will be considered as continuous period (and I'll be eligible to ILR processing now) or continuous period is broken.

Thanks & Regards,
Sub

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR - Continuation during absences from the UK

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:22 pm

I take it where any leave expired when outside the UK the subsequent application was made within 28 days?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

subg
Newly Registered

Post by subg » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Yes, the UKBA guideline state "If the applicant’s leave expires whilst they are outside the UK and they apply for entry clearance within 28 days, the applicant’s continuous period is not broken.".

In my case, my Residence Permit Valid was till 01-Jan-2011 and I applied for new VISA on 25-Jan-2011 - i.e. within 28days. But my earlier VISA type was Work Permit and new VISA type is Tier 2 ICT Established Staff. So I'm not very sure if my case will be considered as continuous period or continuous period is broken.

Thanks & Regards,
Subg

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:24 pm

Seems ok insofar as switched to T2 (ICT) from ICT work permit holder..
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

subg
Newly Registered

Post by subg » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Thanks, could you please check my details including the exact dates on my VISA issues, expiry & travel dates and confirm if my case will be considered as continuous period. Before making PEO appointment I want your expert advice - hope you understand...

Thanks & Regards,
Subg