ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependant Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kaydee1084
Newly Registered

ILR dependant Queries

Post by kaydee1084 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Hello

I will be applying for ILA next month under the Tier 1 (general) migrant category. I was granted initial tier 1 on 8th Sept 2009 until 8th Sept 2012 and then extension for a further 2 years so will be completing 5 years in Sept 2014.

I will be applying along with my wife and 3 year old daughter. My wife has been in UK since 2008 and under tier 1 dependant since 2009 so she qualifies for ILR as well. My questions is specifically related to them. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

1: Do i add the dependant details on the same Set (o) form that I will be filling as a main applicant and no other form is to be used for dependants

2: My wife went on maternity leave and outside UK for over 180 days in 2011. Will that affect the ILR application. Also do I include a separate absence sheet for her on the Set (O) form

3: She has passed her Life in UK test. She did her bachelors degree from Mumbai University and we have got a letter from her college confirming that the course was taught in english. Will this letter be sufficient to confirm her English language understanding

Awaiting your reply.
Regards

kaydee1084
Newly Registered

Re: ILR dependant Queries

Post by kaydee1084 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi

Can someone please help :D

Regards

kaydee1084
Newly Registered

Post by kaydee1084 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:49 am

Hi All

your help will be appreciated. can someone please respond to my queries

skumar123a

Post by skumar123a » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 am

1: Do i add the dependant details on the same Set (o) form that I will be filling as a main applicant and no other form is to be used for dependants
Yes add the dependant details on the same form you would use.

2: My wife went on maternity leave and outside UK for over 180 days in 2011. Will that affect the ILR application. Also do I include a separate absence sheet for her on the Set (O) form
As long as you can provide the Hospital Letters, Maternity Ward Letters which should be helpful. Also I have seen people going to India on a Maternity leave. So dont worry

3: She has passed her Life in UK test. She did her bachelors degree from Mumbai University and we have got a letter from her college confirming that the course was taught in english. Will this letter be sufficient to confirm her English language understanding
Her degree taught in English letter will siuffice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:03 am

3. She'll need a UKNARIC statement of comparability as we'll.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.