ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gulbali101
Newly Registered

ILR dependent extension

Post by gulbali101 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:42 pm

Dear all,

I received my ILR this week Via Tier 1 General 5 years route. My wife is in the UK on Tier 1 General partner visa and her visa is valid till the end of January 2015. I would like to know how to extend her visa.

Some solicitors have advised me to extend her stay using FLR (M) form but when I read FLR (M) guidance notes

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

it clearly says that

You must not use this form to make an application for an extension of stay in the following categories:
If you are the partner of a person granted indefinite leave to remain in a work route, if you are currently in UK as their dependent.

Could some one please advice, is it the right option to go for?

Thanks

vinny

Re: ILR dependent extension

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:07 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.