ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Dependent refused bcoz of English Test center

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ykculdp
Newly Registered

ILR - Dependent refused bcoz of English Test center

Post by ykculdp » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:42 pm

Hello,
URGENT!!
Please could some one help me.

I went to ILR along with 2 dependent(Wife & daughter) on 19th Dec 2015 using premium service @Croydon.
I'm a Tier 1 Gen migrant and our visa valid till 10th Jan 2016. My (main applicant) and daughter (dependent) ILR approved however my wife ILR refused based on following reason.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Reason:

You have provided a Trinity College London, Grade 5 Level issued by Computer Learning Centre LTD which was not a secure English Language Centre in ESOL International (Speaking & Listening - Entry3). You have not demonstrated sufficient knowledge in accordance with Appendix O. As a result, you have failed to meet the requirements of paragraph 319E(g) of the immigration rules.

The Secretary of State is not satisfied that you have obtained sufficient knowledge of the English language as specified in Appendix O, or that you are exempt from obtaining such a qualification.
______________________________________________________________________________________
My wife attended the Trinity college London GESE ESOL Entry -3 B1.1of the CEFR english language test from "Computer Learning Centre Ltd", Hounslow East on 26th January 2015.

And when I'm filling the SET(O) from, I tick "YES" the Section 4.3 for my wife (Your Partner)

A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above
from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to
question 4.5 below); OR

And I tick "YES" the Section 4.5 "Trinity College London"

And HO Croydon gave a chance for Admin Review in 14days. Now the question is,

Q1. whether I filled the form correctly as I explained above based on the English language test evidence from Trinity College London issued by Computer Learning Centre LTD on 26th jan 2015?
(Here my understanding is, SET(O) form in section 4.3, it says "A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or ...")
Q2: If I'm not correct then what do you suggest for this case. Is OK to apply for admin review ?
Q3: English requirement should def. from only SLET ?
Q4: What are next options for getting ILR for my wife?

NOTE: From the same Computer Learning Centre LTD, my friend & his wife both attended for English Language test from the same awarding body Trinity college London and their ILR approved on 12th Nov 15.

Please advise me. Going mad here. Your reply really appreciated and I'm counting my days here.

Thanks in adv,

noajthan

Re: ILR Dependent refused bcoz of English Test center

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:23 am

ykculdp wrote:Hello,
URGENT!!
Please could some one help me.

I went to ILR along with 2 dependent(Wife & daughter) on 19th Dec 2015 using premium service @Croydon.
I'm a Tier 1 Gen migrant and our visa valid till 10th Jan 2016. My (main applicant) and daughter (dependent) ILR approved however my wife ILR refused based on following reason.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Reason:

You have provided a Trinity College London, Grade 5 Level issued by Computer Learning Centre LTD which was not a secure English Language Centre in ESOL International (Speaking & Listening - Entry3). You have not demonstrated sufficient knowledge in accordance with Appendix O. As a result, you have failed to meet the requirements of paragraph 319E(g) of the immigration rules.

The Secretary of State is not satisfied that you have obtained sufficient knowledge of the English language as specified in Appendix O, or that you are exempt from obtaining such a qualification.
______________________________________________________________________________________
My wife attended the Trinity college London GESE ESOL Entry -3 B1.1of the CEFR english language test from "Computer Learning Centre Ltd", Hounslow East on 26th January 2015.

And when I'm filling the SET(O) from, I tick "YES" the Section 4.3 for my wife (Your Partner)

A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above
from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to
question 4.5 below); OR

And I tick "YES" the Section 4.5 "Trinity College London"

And HO Croydon gave a chance for Admin Review in 14days. Now the question is,

Q1. whether I filled the form correctly as I explained above based on the English language test evidence from Trinity College London issued by Computer Learning Centre LTD on 26th jan 2015?
(Here my understanding is, SET(O) form in section 4.3, it says "A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or ...")
Q2: If I'm not correct then what do you suggest for this case. Is OK to apply for admin review ?
Q3: English requirement should def. from only SLET ?
Q4: What are next options for getting ILR for my wife?

NOTE: From the same Computer Learning Centre LTD, my friend & his wife both attended for English Language test from the same awarding body Trinity college London and their ILR approved on 12th Nov 15.

Please advise me. Going mad here. Your reply really appreciated and I'm counting my days here.

Thanks in adv,
Rules changed (tightened up) in November; ESOL no longer accepted.

Suggest arrange & take & submit SELT from test centre on approved list.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

nice32

Re: ILR - Dependent refused bcoz of English Test center

Post by nice32 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:58 am

you have provided a certificate from unregistered center , if you go and check on TRINITY COLLEGE WEBSITE YOU WILL FIND THE TRINITY COLLEGE APPROVED CENTERs ,http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=3218 .

nice32

Post by nice32 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:04 am

Secure English Language Tests for UK visas
Trinity provides Secure English Language Tests (SELTs) across the UK.
These tests are approved for applications to UKVI for visas, leave to remain and citizenship:
Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE) - A1 and B1 tests
Integrated Skills in English (ISE) - B1, B2 and C1 tests
There are ten Trinity SELT centres in the UK, providing exam sessions throughout the week. You can prepare for a Trinity SELT at one of these course providers.
Telephone enquiries: 020 3011 5183. Email: selt@trinitycollege.co.uk.
Home Office approvedBook your Trinity SELT test
[/color][/color]
Which exam do I need?
Trinity GESE and ISE exams are available for the following UK visa categories. Select an exam level below and click through for more information and guidance.

Application type
CEFR* level required Skills required Trinity exam
Further Leave to Remain:
Family life as a partner of a settled person — FLR (M)
(Spouse/Partner)
Family life as a parent — FLR (FP)
(Parent of a dependant)
A1 Speaking and listening
GESE Grade 2
Indefinite Leave to Remain — ILR
(Settlement/Permanent Residency) B1 Speaking and listening
GESE Grade 5
British Citizenship (Naturalisation) B1 Speaking and listening
GESE Grade 5
Tier 1 (General) visa C1 Reading, writing,
speaking and listening ISE III
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa B1
Reading, writing,
speaking and listening
ISE I
Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa

ykculdp
Newly Registered

Post by ykculdp » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:19 am

[/quote][/quote]
nice32 wrote:Secure English Language Tests for UK visas
Trinity provides Secure English Language Tests (SELTs) across the UK.
These tests are approved for applications to UKVI for visas, leave to remain and citizenship:
Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE) - A1 and B1 tests
Integrated Skills in English (ISE) - B1, B2 and C1 tests
There are ten Trinity SELT centres in the UK, providing exam sessions throughout the week. You can prepare for a Trinity SELT at one of these course providers.
Telephone enquiries: 020 3011 5183. Email: selt@trinitycollege.co.uk.
Home Office approvedBook your Trinity SELT test
[/color][/color]
Which exam do I need?
Trinity GESE and ISE exams are available for the following UK visa categories. Select an exam level below and click through for more information and guidance.

Application type
CEFR* level required Skills required Trinity exam
Further Leave to Remain:
Family life as a partner of a settled person — FLR (M)
(Spouse/Partner)
Family life as a parent — FLR (FP)
(Parent of a dependant)
A1 Speaking and listening
GESE Grade 2
Indefinite Leave to Remain — ILR
(Settlement/Permanent Residency) B1 Speaking and listening
GESE Grade 5
British Citizenship (Naturalisation) B1 Speaking and listening
GESE Grade 5
Tier 1 (General) visa C1 Reading, writing,
speaking and listening ISE III
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa B1
Reading, writing,
speaking and listening
ISE I
Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa

Thanks for the reply. Yeah!! Yeah! I'll book a test from SLET.

ykculdp
Newly Registered

Post by ykculdp » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:35 pm

Today my wife passed the English Language test SLET Hammersmith. Now I want to apply for ILR Dependent -fresh application. Please could some one advise best way either by post or premium service and please could you also share the link for ILR dependent form.

Thanks in adv,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:09 pm

Do you mean you want to apply for ILR for your wife?

If she is Tier 1 Dependent, then the form is Set(O).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ykculdp
Newly Registered

Post by ykculdp » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:19 pm

Thanks for your reply mate. Yes! My wife is on Tier 1 Dependent and her VISA is valid till 10th Jan 2016. Now I want to apply ILR for my wife however all the my original document with Home Ofiice becoz when my wife VISA refused then they kept all the documents and gave a chance to apply for Admin Review. However I'm not interested for Admin Review and HO said they'll return the docs after 14 calender days.

Please can some one advise me what to do? Is that OK to apply without original docs (I got only latest English Language Test certificate from Trinity College London SLET Hammersmith).

Thanks in adv,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:27 pm

You can apply for ILR but they won't process your application on the day without the passport, it will probably take a couple of weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ykculdp
Newly Registered

Post by ykculdp » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah! My wife's original passport and Original BRP was returned and on the same day 19th Dec 2015.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:33 pm

Should be fine then, but you need the two years cohabitation documents and your documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ykculdp
Newly Registered

Post by ykculdp » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:36 pm

Yeah!! I got last 4years cohabitation docs and I submitted when I went on 19th Dec 2015. The only issue HO raised is "The English language Test Center is NOT on the approved list"

Thanks in adv,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:09 pm

ykculdp wrote:Thanks for your reply mate. Yes! My wife is on Tier 1 Dependent and her VISA is valid till 10th Jan 2016. Now I want to apply ILR for my wife however all the my original document with Home Ofiice becoz when my wife VISA refused then they kept all the documents and gave a chance to apply for Admin Review. However I'm not interested for Admin Review and HO said they'll return the docs after 14 calender days.

Please can some one advise me what to do? Is that OK to apply without original docs (I got only latest English Language Test certificate from Trinity College London SLET Hammersmith).

Thanks in adv,
So then which documents exactly are you referring to in your previous post?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ykculdp
Newly Registered

Post by ykculdp » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:51 pm

When I'm applying ILR (Main + 2 dependents), I submitted all req. below list of docs:
1. 12mnths pay slips
2. Divident vouchers
3. Personal bank stmnt
4. Business bank stmnt
5. a/c letter
6. Letters from NARIC
7. Masters Certificates
8. P-60 for 4 yrs
9. P-45 for 1yr
10. SA-302 for last 5yrs
11. Personal Tax Returns for 4yrs

Cohabitaion Docs:
1. Council tax bills for 4yrs
2. Electricity Bills for 4 yrs
3. Thames Water Bills for 4 yrs
4. Poll cards --2 yrs
5. Electrol Registration docs
6. NHS Registration Cards
7. Previous NHS appointment letters
8. Marriage Certificate
9. Date of Birth Certificate
10.English Language Grade-5 certificate (Refused based on Test centre is not on approved list)

The above all documents were not returned and said they will return after 14 calender days if do not apply for Admin Review.

Yesterday I received my (main applicant) and my daughter (dependent) BRP cards were received.

Thanks in adv,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Have you requested your documents back or when does the 14 days end?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ykculdp
Newly Registered

Post by ykculdp » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:09 pm

I applied on 14th Dec 2015. 14days will complete on 1st Jan 2016 and I didn't requested the docs back

Thanks in adv,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:13 pm

You need to try and get an appointment at the same premium centre as otherwise you might not get your documents back before her visa expires or apply by post with the refusal letter and a cover letter about where your supporting documents are etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ykculdp
Newly Registered

Post by ykculdp » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'll book the appointment straight away now. Suppose If I do not get the appointment before 1st Jan 2016 then what you advice.

As you advised in the earlier reply, I'll fill the SET(O) form and will proceed for the process.
And a quick question, the fee is same 1900pounds right. Please help me here.

Thanks in adv,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:28 pm

Did you make copies of all your documents and do you have them if you did?

Yes, the fee will be £1900 again. As long as you apply before her visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ykculdp
Newly Registered

Post by ykculdp » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi CR001,

Unfortunately NO single appointment till 9th Jan 2016 and I do not have photo copies of the docs I submitted. I'll try again & again if I dont then I'll send by post. what do you suggest please.

By the way your advise really helped me a lot and now fingers crossed for me.

If I found an appointment then it's well and good ow the only option by post.

Thanks in adv,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:43 pm

Have you thought about contacting the centre and explaining you have a new certificate and can they reassess her application? Maybe that is why they said you can go for administrative review.
Char (CR001 not Casa)