ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent visa for ICT dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

char123
Newly Registered

ILR dependent visa for ICT dependents

Post by char123 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi

I received an ILR this year, earlier to this I got ICT visa

My wife was in UK in Feb 2013 as an ICT dependent and went on maternity reasons to India in November 2013 and returned Oct 2014

As I received an ILR; as per new rules of 2013 she needs to have 5 years to get ILR. If i change her visa to ILR dependent she will lose the period from Feb 2013 till now. her present ICT depent visa is valid till november 2015; And also a last question I need to go to India with my wife; will she be asked at the immigration in uk on why didn't she change the visa to ILR dependent

And also as her visa is expiring in November; does she need to change to ILR dependent or can she apply for ICT type 2 dependent visa

Thanks
Char

Thanks
char

cfdman

Re: ILR dependent visa for ICT dependents

Post by cfdman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:32 pm

She can continue to remain (and thus, travel in/out of UK) in her PBS dependent visa, as long as it is valid.
She should apply for further extension under the same PBS dependent (although, you are not in Tier 2 ICT anymore) until she completes 5 years probation period and after which she qualifies for ILR.
No need to convert her visa to dependent of settled person (if you do so, she may have to wait for another 5 years from the date of conversion).

Read PBS dependent policy guidance --> Page 1 --> Introduction --> Point2 2 and 3
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

char123
Newly Registered

Post by char123 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Thanks cfdman for the quick response

But this November; If i extend her visa under Type2 ICT in November 2015; In the mean time if i change the employment; would i need to submit the same letter from the employer; As i am in ILR will she be questioned like whe she is applying under ICT type2 dependent

Can you please explain me more on the supporting documents that i need to gather

Thanks
Char

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:56 pm

She don't need a letter from your employer.
Please read the policy guidance from the link I gave you.
She is eligible to apply for an extension under PBS dependent, eventhough the main applicant (in this case, its you) has now moved to ILR.

She may have to satisfy maintenece requirement. Your employer cannot certify her maintainence since you are now in ILR.
You may need to send 3 month bank statement to show that your have £630 available for past 90 days.
No more documents required.