ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependent outside UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

krish1989

ILR for dependent outside UK

Post by krish1989 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi,
I have a unique situation, the following are the details. hopefully someone can answer my query.

I am currently on tier1 visa (second extension under 3+2 years) due to expire on jan 6, 2015. I will have finished my 5 years on tier 1 visa. my wife has been with me in UK since May 2012. She is on tier 1 dependent with visa expiring the same day as mine.

She is due to travel to India this month to have a baby. She wouldn't return back before the visa expires. My query is, would she be able to apply for ILR from India after I apply for mine here (sometime in December this year) and if she can, how long does the visa take to be approved.

Thanks,

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR for dependent outside UK

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:12 pm

She could apply for ILR on her return so far as absences are limited and for good reason. Ensure that her leave does not expire and that she return to the UK before it does. She cannot apply to settle from abroad.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks for the reply.

My wife wants to have the baby in India. The baby is due in November and the visa expires on Jan 6th next year. She wouldn't be able to return to UK before the visa expires. Meanwhile I would get my PR here in the UK in December.

How do I go about the process of applying visa for my wife.

Does she need to apply (from india)

1. a tier 1 dependent visa again (or)
2. an ilr dependent visa

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:10 pm

See also, Application for UK visa for family settlement: form VAF4A (click). There will be an A1 English and Financial Requirement.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Mon May 05, 2014 9:58 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Although I need some specific information, would appreciate it if anyone can answer.

Since my wife's going to have baby in India, what visa should I apply for her and the baby.

She's already on tier 1 visa as mentioned but her visa would expire before she returns to the UK, does she need to apply for a dependent visa and would that visa allow her to work in the UK.

how many years would she have to wait before being eligible for ILR and when would the baby get citizenship here.

Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue May 06, 2014 4:17 am

Click on the link!