ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for my wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eureka.Power

ILR for my wife

Post by Eureka.Power » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi

I need to apply ILR for my wife I am BC + 1 year ILR + Tier 1 General. wondering what form do I need to fill up for her. is this SET (o) or SET (M). I had her status changed to "Spouse of a settled person" the time when I had my ILR from TIer 1 general dependent.

Please advise

Thanks

Ad

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR for my wife

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:07 pm

1. When did she become a PBS dep?
2. Did you apply for FLR(M) in the UK before the PBS dep leave expired?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

khanstudent
Newly Registered

Post by khanstudent » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Amber_ wrote:1. When did she become a PBS dep?
2. Did you apply for FLR(M) in the UK before the PBS dep leave expired?

Dear Amber,

I need your attention as well. I am applying for my wife ILR. I am a BC+ 1 Year ILR + 3 Years Tier 1+ 2 Year HSMP, where my wife got her first visa on 20th Feb, 2012 but she entered in the UK on 11th May 2012, and then she extend her stay as PBS Dependent on 2nd Feb, 2013,

Question 1. Which application form to use
Question 2. I am claiming benefits such as CB £81 and Tax Cr £72 for my baby (who already got British nationality), Do you think this will effect her application, if not then any particular source plz and do I have to mention this in the application form that I am getting benefits
Question 3. She has passed her LIUK but for english Do you think her Master Degree (Pakistan Studies) from Pakistan is enough to meet language requirement ( I have checked her degree on PBS Calculator and got 30 points and also I have a letter from Peshawar University that this degree was thought in english)

Your responce in this regard will be highly appreciated

Javed Hussain

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:57 pm

1. SET(O)
2. No, providing the tax credits is in joint names.
3. If 10 points are not awarded for English Skills, a NARIC statement of comparability with a letter from the institution stating the medium of instruction was English will be required.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:12 am

Hi Amber,

I am going to apply for ILR on may 10th in Croydon PEO.

Regarding proving English language skills for TIER1 dependant,I have the following things

1.Degree certificate(In the certificate it is mentioned that medium of study is english)

2. 30 Points awarded in PBS calculator.

3. Got English Language Assessment certificate from UK NARIC.(I am not sure, If I can select the option 'I have a qualification comparable to a UK Bachelor degree that was taught in English' for getting 10 points with this certificate in PBS points calculator)

Do I also need to procure, A UK NARIC Statement of Comparability for my wife or the things mentioned in points 1,2, and 3 are enough?

Please clarify.

Regards,
Chandra

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:42 am

A NARIC statement of comparability and the English Language Assessment may be most subtitle.

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:04 am

Thanks Amber..I will get Statement of Comparability from NARIC